winter time blues..

Sure does and that crap is heading right for me :mad:

Personally, if we're going to get a storm, I'd like 10'+ and I'll take the day off. After getting stuck disaster on I-75 a few years back, I'm done being a hero in these storms.

Now we are only supposed to get 3 inches. Why bother snowing for that little.

It's funny ..the radar has been showing it raining... then snowing here for the last two days....not a drop from the sky....

They say...(they, being the NWS)...were suposed to get 2 -7 inches....I'll see it, when I believe it

And it was 70 deg here in Knoxville today with a drop to below 30 and snow predicted by tuesday. Wish it would snow so I can go make donuts in my old VW, is fun to drive it in the snow - just a bit hard to stop .........

Yup...weird weather here as well. Was in the mid-seventies for the past few days, a low of 62 last night and a predicted low of 28 tonight with a low of 20 by Tuesday. Did I mention that I hate Winter? :mad: Guess I'll head to the store tomorrow to stock up "just in case".

Well, the "storm" they've been warning us about has left 2" of snow, big fricking deal. Enough to be aggravating, but not make any real difference (read that as I got to go to work).

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go............

Originally posted by Wireworm5
-39 celcius with the wind. will be warming up to a balmy -27 celcius by late afternoon.:cool:

More short sleeve shirt weather!We are getting it now

Alan

We had 70 Sunday like Terry did in Knoxville. But, man oh man, are payin' for ir this morning- 15. That's cold for NE Tennessee. -Sandy G.

Think its pushing 20 below here with the windchill

It's "warmed" up today... 9 degrees this morn.

May hit 25 today!:eek: A heat wave!

All that snow and cold is hitting you "easterners" now.
It'a already been here and dumped 6" of the white crap.:mad:

Don't ya just love the change of seasons!?!?

Woke up this morning to 10 degree weather. :( Man, I am not going to go thru another winter like we had last year without being better prepared. My house has central heat and air. If the power goes out (and it always does during winter) you have no heat. I called a plumber this morning and am getting a gas line run so I can at least have alternate heat with one of those non-vented wall hangers. We had a really bad ice storm last year and most of the city (including me) didn't have power for a week. It got down to 45 inside the house and there was nowhere to go. The roads were solid ice and the hotels were full. I'm ready for Spring!

We finally warmed up today to around 45-50, very nice after days and days of freezing rain. Nice to sit in the listening room and relax, but now I need to work a bunch to make up time. And without any main heat we have been a freezin'. We finally got a heat guy to show up and hopefully he can get it going soon, though we will start warming up in the next month or so.... At least we will make up for it this summer with central air :D

I've got to agree waking up to a cold house, which I've experienced when the pilot light goes out. You feel like a side of beef in a meat locker.
I just don't understand people who like to jump naked into ice cold water. That's like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom