Wiring?

bilferd

Okay I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to ohms and wiring speakers. For a center channel with 2 woofers 1 tweeter, how would I wire them together without messing with the ohms

Are you building a speaker or what?? We need to know the ohms of the individual drivers, particularly the woofers.

Any time you wire speakers together, you "mess with the ohms". A lot of that magic is done within the crossover.

which brings us to...

The crossover is usually designed for a particular speaker combination. They ain't one size fits all.

But, disregarding the crossover, here's something to play with. Just keep in mind that speakers in series are additive, when you do parallel, strange things happen.

https://geoffthegreygeek.com/calculator-speakers-in-parallel/

Why don't you search Craigslist. There a plenty of people practically giving center channel speakers away. Beats have to spend money on MDF and all that goes into designing a proper size box,porting if needed, damping, etc etc.

If you have two 8 ohm woofers you may be better of learning some speaker building skills and then work on some surrounds. They are not as critical to the surround sound experience and you can build them on the cheap. just my $0.02

If you have a ready made crossover, post a pic of that and where it came from - i.e. is it from another speaker or a commercially available ready made crossover?

This could possibly work. Possibly. :D

Back
Top Bottom