With due respect...

Hifiwannabe

hello all,

I joined AK because I was seeking information about purchase of vintage audio components. Nothing terrible happened and so I thought I'd provide this intro.

I must say that I never really embraced high end audio or other blogs or forums due to the lack of disposable income or the need to take care of basic needs and paying the rent. Still, I enjoy fantasizing about owning a McIntosh component system powering exotic speakers that make Sgt Peppers sound like the original studio recording. Alas, I have a 25 yo Kenwood receiver, old "new advent walnut speakers", a basic AKAI manual DD turntable, a TEAC reel to reel, a Sony ES auto reverse cassette deck and a Sony carousel CD player. This set up is a "spare" that I will be sampling old vinyl, reel to reel, cassette, LPs and CDs. The effort will result in winnowing out what is worthwhile and what can be discarded. AND to digitize what I want to preserve.

Hi there. Glad you are now part of the forum. Enjoy yourself here and take advantage of the vast collection of knowledge.

Welcome and enjoy.....

There is allot of under the radar equipment when combined can give McIntosh a run for their money !

Back
Top Bottom