With Letterman and Stewart Leaving Late Night...

Who will rule your late night roost going forward?

• Kimmel

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Rose

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Fallon

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Meyers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Smiley

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cordan

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Colbert

Votes: 27 25.5%

• Total voters
For me the typical modern late night format now completely sucks, so 'none of the above' for me. What the hell happened to actually talkng to someone and getting to know something about them other than the new movie they are in?

Fallon has show talent but he is hamstrung but the late night format. His history of rock routines with Justin Timberlake are excellent. Wish he would do more variety skits with his guests.

Honorable mention to Craig Ferguson and the NBC version of Letterman.

Honorable mention to Craig Ferguson and the NBC version of Letterman.

This. The only one that comes even remotely close to these two is Kimmel. I can't stand Fallon or Myers, and Rose or Smiley are not people I want to see late at night when I want a laugh or two. I used to watch Letterman all the time, but he got too grouchy and political, and that turned me off big time. I used to love Ferguson's monologue ramblings, which got quite deep and meaningful at times. Conan's not an option for me as I don't have cable.

Cause he is white? I'm just supposing here but Dont put it past Stewart and his ilk to champion a minority based largely on his race.

I suspect it's because HBO has A) a massive audience and B) will let somebody do ANYTHING they want on television. Oliver's parody of campaign commercials for the Mitch McConnell/Alison Grimes election was beyond reproach. And entirely inappropriate for regular network television.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think the sense of freedom at HBO attracts a lot of talent. It's nice to be able to add an occasional expletive for emphasis without getting bleeped as if we were all a bunch of little kids. And to veer into some not-ready-for-prime-time subject matter now and again.

Last edited:
Never cared much for Letterman after he left NBC, so his retirement will not provoke any change in my viewing habits.

I will watch Fallon when I am in the mood or when I notice that he has a guest coming on that I have an interest in. Some of his skits are great (Neil Young impression while singing a duet with Neil Young...as one recent example), but there are so many other entertainment options that I am usually doing something else when these shows are on and I don't care enough about them to record them.

This. The only one that comes even remotely close to these two is Kimmel. I can't stand Fallon or Myers, and Rose or Smiley are not people I want to see late at night when I want a laugh or two. I used to watch Letterman all the time, but he got too grouchy and political, and that turned me off big time. I used to love Ferguson's monologue ramblings, which got quite deep and meaningful at times. Conan's not an option for me as I don't have cable.

If you have means to stream to the big toob....heeeere's Conan

Yes ,its hard to say really....for me it marks the end of an era of sorts..however I have seen very short segments of kimmell and fergonson and enjoyed them the past few years...its usually bedtime and "music throught the night" for me after the news anyway. Lets see how this plays out.

Back
Top Bottom