WolfgangVault:Seldom heard live classic rock

Has anybody figured out how to play this with something other than your browser? If I could find the raw IP and port number, I could try and play it with Squeezebox.

Cleve said:
Has anybody figured out how to play this with something other than your browser? If I could find the raw IP and port number, I could try and play it with Squeezebox.
The stream seems to be coming from 216.235.81.103
Open TCP Port: 22 ssh
Open TCP Port: 111 sunrpc

[SUNRPC is a realm boundary protocol which assumes its lower protocol is symmetric (in the ASYNC realm.) A Sun RPC network server does not connect directly to a well known port, but rather asks another service called the "portmapper" or "rpcbind" to assign it a port. It then binds to that port. When a client wants to find that service it queries the portmapper (which does live on a well known port (111) and asks for the location of the RPC service it wants. The portmapper tells it and the client then connects to the relevant port.]

So it seems that you'll have to wait to play their stream on your SqueezeBox.

Q: Will you allow Vault Radio to play on iTunes (or any other audio player)?

A: We are working full-time at Vault Radio to prepare the audio archive for streaming. We won't be able to even consider this question for quite some time.
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/static.aspx?Type=Audio/FAQ.htm

I listened to it a little while this AM, kinda cool. Needs some work on the playlist though, no flow at all. Cut out a few times like not enough bandwidth
too.

Carl

Vault radio changes its playlist once a week. Every Tuesday at 8:00 AM Eastern time, the old set of 80-100 live performances is changed for a new set. The new playlist is then repeated approximately 3 times daily, all week long, until it is replaced by a new playlist the next Tuesday morning.

Cleve said:

This is what I do. Might not be really applicable to your squeezebox. Fire up your sound card's control panel. I use a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz so I'll use that as my example.
Under the record volume slider there is a box for "record source". Options would be like aux, line in, mike, etc. Choose "stereo mixer". Open up your browser, go to the vault site and hit play. Then fire up your sound recording program (I use cool edit) and hit record. Adjust recording volume as needed in your sound card control panel.
I notice that I get occasional dropouts of the music. Is this my dsl acting up or the site actually stopping its transmit?...p

I was getting occasional dropouts too. I listened for about one hour. Not bad, but I didn't hear anything I haven't already heard hundreds of times over the years.

Back
Top Bottom