Won this fixer upper Marantz 2220B on ebay.

jkman76

The Retro One
Hy guys

Well some of you wanted to know what i discovered once i got the Marantz 2220 that i got on ebay...Well it came and here is what i found so far, first the thing was filthy dirty inside and out (took me over two hours to clean) and a bit banged up so i did what i could to clean up the outside as well as spray all the controls with contact cleaner.

The "one channel out" problem seemed to be just the dirty controls as well as i think the speaker relay needs cleaning but i can't get in there to pop off the cover to sand them contacts...do i have to undo all the wires to get that board out?

The seller was right in that all the lamps except for the stereo light are out and the housing has holes burnt in it i guess from the wrong bulbs? and it left some nice black spots on the inside of the cover.

The tuning string seems to not be quite tight enough as sometimes the string slips and doesn't grip well to the little pullys.
So anyone know whare i might find another housing?

I've seen housings for sale on eBay when someone is parting out a unit. Keep your eyes on the 'bay and one will show up eventually.

Nice score BTW. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom