Wondering if one of you wizards could help me identifying which transformer I need as per schematic?

gonebytim

Hi Guys,

someone here once helped me out big time by letting me know what type of transformer I needed to buy to replace a dead, impossible to find one in a pioneer receiver.

I now have a TASCAM audio console with a dead power transformer and couldn’t find any specs anywhere. The schematic doesn’t list the voltages on the secondary side of the transformer.

I’m wonder if someone wouldn’t mind taking a quick look at this schematic and letting me know what the voltages on the secondary side would need to be so that I can buy a replacement transformer.

I have the Australian 240v version

TASCAM M-320

Thanks in advance!

07EA10C8-E316-450E-8665-87BF6FDDACB3.png
8188DAD3-4BB7-4625-A317-88A973FD158F.png

Based on the DC at the filter capacitors you can calculate the needed AC. All the voltages go to voltage regulators (with exception of the headphone amplifier transistors), so small differences are not relevant if you don't exceed the capacitor ratings.

I'd fix the original transformer. It's not a big deal for any tech who works or makes custom transformers.

I see a symbol probably a thermal fuse in the primary. Check if the problem is just that fuse. Sometimes there are connector tabs you can jump to check the continuity of the windings.

I see a symbol probably a thermal fuse in the primary. Check if the problem is just that fuse.
I agree, that's worth looking at. It's fairly unusual for a transformer to simply die without any signs of catastrophic damage elsewhere. Check simple things like fuses before replacing the transformer.

Back
Top Bottom