Woo Audio WTP-1

jimC

Did an internet search for cd transports and found the Woo Audio WTP-1 and I want the silver one real bad. The price is higher than I want to spend, but it looks like art instead of audio equipment. The few reviews I found make it even harder to resist buying one. Yes, I found other transport/players with reviews just as good. It is the look of the silver one that makes it so appealing. I wish I could separate the art appeal from the reality of what I need and want to spend.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at those, but the Woo Audio looks so much better. Art and audio in one piece is hard to pass up. It is time for reality to set in, or maybe I should just get it. I just bought a Schiit Audio Modi Multibit and was searching for the best cd player to use with it.

The Bryston BOT-1 was the other transport I found and liked. The bad news I found during my searches is that some cheaper cd and dvd player can match the quality of sound for some people. I know that my hearing isn't what it used to be and it is time for me to face reality. I don't need the high dollar stuff to enjoy music. I'm not getting rid of my Newform Research R645v3's or my PMC OB1's yet, they are here to stay.

Thx for the reply. I took a chance and ordered a demo unit from Audio Advisor. I have an audiolab 6000CDT and it too is very revealing so we'll see how they compare.
-Matt

After a couple days with the WTP-1 I have to say that Red Book has never sounded better.

Back
Top Bottom