Woo Audio WTP-1

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by jimC, Apr 25, 2017.

1. jimC

jimC New Member

Did an internet search for cd transports and found the Woo Audio WTP-1 and I want the silver one real bad. The price is higher than I want to spend, but it looks like art instead of audio equipment. The few reviews I found make it even harder to resist buying one. Yes, I found other transport/players with reviews just as good. It is the look of the silver one that makes it so appealing. I wish I could separate the art appeal from the reality of what I need and want to spend.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Woo Audio always has an amazing room at AXPONA. He usually uses STAX electrostatic headphones.

You can also look at Pro-Ject which has 2 transports (that is all they are) and another one is from Bryston.

3. jimC

jimC New Member

Thanks for the reply. I looked at those, but the Woo Audio looks so much better. Art and audio in one piece is hard to pass up. It is time for reality to set in, or maybe I should just get it. I just bought a Schiit Audio Modi Multibit and was searching for the best cd player to use with it.

4. botrytis

I have heard the Bryston - also the warranty on it is killer. :D

5. jimC

jimC New Member

The Bryston BOT-1 was the other transport I found and liked. The bad news I found during my searches is that some cheaper cd and dvd player can match the quality of sound for some people. I know that my hearing isn't what it used to be and it is time for me to face reality. I don't need the high dollar stuff to enjoy music. I'm not getting rid of my Newform Research R645v3's or my PMC OB1's yet, they are here to stay.

6. jimC

jimC New Member

Decided to buy the Woo Audio transport and the dac that goes with it. Sometimes you make sacrifices for things you enjoy.

prisoners likes this.

7. 04blackmaxx

04blackmaxx Well-Known Member

Woo Audio?

8. botrytis

Let us know what you think? Review it and then....

:needpics:

9. Bryston 20 year warranty does not apply to many of their products, including their CD players.

10. hoodie

hoodie AK Subscriber Subscriber

So how do you like the WTP-1?

11. jimC

jimC New Member

It sounds great but if the cd isn't a very good recording it is really noticeable. Maybe too revealing for some people.

hoodie likes this.

12. hoodie

Thx for the reply. I took a chance and ordered a demo unit from Audio Advisor. I have an audiolab 6000CDT and it too is very revealing so we'll see how they compare.
    -Matt

13. hoodie

After a couple days with the WTP-1 I have to say that Red Book has never sounded better.