WOO-HOO!! X-202 on the WAY! And a FM-100-C

larryderouin

I'm VERTICAL and Breathing...most of the time.
Subscriber
Thanks to RSTEVE and Mr. Philco, My wallet is screaming RAPE (Just kidding), and a FM-100-C and a X-202 with all the Dave G designed trimmings is enroute. I ordered the X-202 without tubes as I have them here, and it cut costs a bit.

Should be the end of the week before FedEx or UPS or some South of the border Co drops (literally) them on my doorstep. Had a driver from FEDex (contractor) deliver a receiver 2 years ago, by dropping it off the truck then rolling the box about 1/2way up the driveway before I caught and stopped him. Took his name, his truck # and Licence plate #, the phone # of the Co. and then opened the box up BEFORE I signed for it. Luckily the receiver was intact. But he STILL GOT his ass handed to him by me, and then FIRED by the Co. So I sit at the window all day and wait for the truck to drive up. Then I'm at the truck b4 the driver can bring the item out. I DON'T TRUST THEM!!!!!!!

Anyway some pics.
index.php

index.php

index.php

Stock internet photo of the FM-100-C
FISHER FM-100-C.jpg
The FM100C will go well with my TX-100 Integrated amp as the Front match.

Glad it's going to a great new home, you'll enjoy it I'm sure. Still have another X-202 over in BT, but looking like it will end up going on the auction site.

Congrats, Larry. Would love to be a fly on the wall so I can watch one of the Masters dig into it ! Thorne

I don't trust FedX At all. Them idiots delivered me 2 boxes identical. Both boxes left the store with 10lbs of iron manifold risers in them. When I got the boxes one was empty. Re-taped by fed-x. How do you deliver a empty box. Called manifold store they sent me a replacement overnight... They also destroyed a fisher 500b

When I buy something breakable off ebay I always ask send by UPS or USPS.

Other than the 1 time Fedex has generally been better than USPS by a long shot, and UPS by a bit. And then you have retail sellers who use nothing but Fedex so you're kinda stuck sometimes. USPS on my route used to be really good as a neighbor 2 doors down had the route. He retired 10 years ago and now we get the dregs from the post office and most of them don't give a good GAWD DAMN! I've ordered LP's where the box looks like they tried to stuff it in my mailbox, so i try to use Fedex or UPS for those now. Ordered an LP last week, delivery instructions very visible on box, USPS delivered Use knocker on inside door and place between it and screen door. Where''d they put it???? flat on the porch 5 ft from the door, IN THE RAIN!!! I gave the postmaster an Ear Full Saturday! Good thing the LP was brand new and sealed in plastic.

My USPS guy and I are friendly so I get good service as long as he's working. His substitutes have been lazy and suck. I have had bad experiences with Fedex, UPS and USPS so generalizing that one sucks more than the other really depends on the delivery person. Obviously if one has had more bad experiences with one carrier, one is going to conclude that that carrier sucks more than the others. I'm sure they're all trained. It comes down to the individual choosing to do a good job. Or not.

I don't know how Fedex works in other parts of the country. Here the delivery is sub contractors, So One guy gets a contract buys junk vans or what ever, I've seen pickups with canopy, old bread trucks, Then highers any skumbun that might be able to find a address. then when they hand you the package they say thats how they got it. they always blame the Company boys at the distribution center. I can go on and on about those guys

My mail lady well I'm dreading the day she's retiring soon. Her subs on her day off well thats a different story mail late or wrong box what the hay it happens. Packages I can't recall ever a problem.

UPS Only one BoBo in 18years at this house. One guy delivered a package to the flooded empty house behind me. Later that day when he got off work he went got my package and handed it to me. He said something bugged him after he dropped off the package earlier. I call that service.

OH before I forget this about 25+ yrs ago. UPS at my moms house had a registered time sensitive letter with instructions from the German post. UPS called her made sure she was home. The truck was there within the hour

I don't trust FedX At all. ...When I buy something breakable off ebay I always ask send by UPS or USPS.

My experience has been the exact opposite. I have personally witnessed USPS people throwing packages and dropping them from a height of 4+ feet. I've seen packages falling from UPS conveyor belts from a height of 7+ feet. I know FedEx isn't perfect but I have yet to have a package damaged by them. (knocking wood)

eBay and USPS have been in bed together from the beginning of eBay, so sellers naturally think they can only ship via USPS. I hate that. It is getting to the point that 50% of the packages I get from eBay are damaged when they arrive. Partly due to poor packaging, partly due to USPS ineptness. Sometimes both. But since I live so far from any large cities, buying online is the only way I can have any sort of a collection.

I used to ask sellers to ship via FedEx but I gave up after 90% or more refused, insisting that they had to use USPS. So it's a gamble every time. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Just last week I had a rare Canadian Philco destroyed by a combination of piss poor packaging and USPS shipping.

Last edited:
Sounds good!! I guess the new wing on the house is complete? :rflmao:

YEAH RIGHT! The only thing I've done after the wind storm dropped a tree on the back deck and screen porch area was cut up the tree so it's off the house. Waiting for warmer weather to tear off the roof and supporting structure from the screen porch, and then the old wood deck (I put it up in 1993). The concrete pad(12'x18') will stay as a deck, and my son is going to put up a sunsetter awning over the deck, and we'll clean up the back yard (multiple dump runs.) The wood will be cut up for firewood so winter isn't such a bitch anymore for at least 3 years. Still have the other 1/2 of the tree to drop so I'll have more firewood. Then there's the 60+year old Oak Tree 8 ft from the house which is dying and dropping branches in the yard(not on the house yet). Gonna cost btwn 7Kand 10K to drop, and cut it up, and grind the stump. Which means another loan. But #2 son is moving in so he'll take over 1/2 of everything right now. Then in a few years after he gets his BSN and working as a nurse, I'll transfer the house and such over to him. Then I'll rent the back 1/2 of the house(bedroom,bath, plus the common areas, for 1/3 of what I'm paying for mortgage, utilities, and such.

Larry, you might consider a concrete roof to protect from falling lumber. Enjoy the new toys!
These horror stories make me very hesitant to ship or have shipped anything bigger than a lunch box. Scary stuff!:yikes:

That's the Ticket. An underground bunker with a 2ft thick concrete top covered with a foot of soil and grass.

The FM-100-C arrived in GREAT SHAPE! The Face plate looks pristine(did Ron do some Magic on it? Who knows?) and it works fine.

Thanks Much Ron. It's a good match for my TX-100 and will pull duty in the bedroom. Pic is hooked up to the Main system of a X-101-B (soon to be supplanted by a X-202) and a Zero-100. Normal Tuner with this rig is a KM-60.

100_5376.JPG

So now I only see you needing to make one more decision. Do you listen to the radio on your beautiful new Fisher FM-100-C? Or watch Herbie Fully Loaded?? OR watch with the movie on mute with the radio on I suppose! :rflmao::naughty::beerchug:

All 3 at the same time:biggrin::biggrin:. I CAN Multi-Task at times, especially when the Grandson is wanting burrito's for lunch or Dinner!!!!!!!:music::music:

Very nice Larry. Wish there was a video of when you reamed the FedEx driver :biggrin: But as you said, they usually are the best and safest way to ship.

The 202 is here and out of the box. As BOTH grandkids are here, I won't be able to get to it before tomorrow afternoon. More likely Monday.

Hiya,

I love the "Jewel Light" Fishers.

Larry you have all the cool stuff.

Me Jealous :)

Frannie

Back
Top Bottom