WOO-HOO!! X-202 on the WAY! And a FM-100-C

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by larryderouin, Apr 8, 2018.

1. RS Steve

RS Steve Tube Junkie Subscriber

The only thing I didn't replace on it was the rectifier Larry, it was working correctly so it stayed. Enjoy!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. walyfd

walyfd Well-Known Member

The 202 is a special amp. You're going to be very happy with it. The "Stereo Dimension" control is kinda strange. I just leave mine at center. Only time I notice any change is on one of the Command or RCA Stereo Action recordings where it really separates, blends or combines both channels. It seems to stop short of true mono.

The jewel lights are my favorite feature. The red center jewel should faintly glow with it on. It goes full bright with Center Channel on. Be sure those lights have the special insulated tubing on them. Remove the faceplate and pull them forward a bit then reattach the faceplate so the tubing is flat against the plate. Otherwise you'll get light bleed through.

The brass-face Fishers were the best of the best. I do wish they had the standard SpaceX pander Jacks like later units as that's the next and last option I need to add to the Executive. The 500B hookup is so easy.

I'd trade my 500B for a 600 brass face in a minute...

3. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

REALLY? Let me go thru mine, as it's been out of the loop for a couple years. And it's a 50000 series unit using 7247's instead of 7199's.

Steve; If you replaced the Rectifer on the others, did you put a dropping resistor in the bias line (neg lead) and what value/wattage. I think I'll pull up the X-202 thread of Dave's and see what I'm up against.. LOL! I trust Selenium Rectufriers about as far as I can throw a small block head. And it aint FAR! I've got a Table Model left over and it's going in. I'll check voltages before and after.

4. RS Steve

RS Steve Tube Junkie Subscriber

I'm thinking I didn't change the rectifier in my other unit either, the third unit I have already had it changed I believe.

5. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

OK. I'll connect it direct and see how it responds. Then get with Dave as far as figuring out what resistor is needed, if any. Manual says -21v to the V1 to V6 heaters and then off to the bias pots eventually ending at the grid return resistors. I may just put a 10K pot there to fine tune it all.

On the bias points, just clip the hot lead there and the ground lead to chassis? then go thru the bias and balance a usual, excepting the gimmick wire that you have to disconnect and connect again. ??

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM