Wood Case KR-9600 - pics

Susurus

Resolution:6.62×10^-34
Finally got one. Optional wood case makes it 24" wide so it needs a special space.

Those 25 slots above give it 'mid-century' look appeal. The riser on bottom isn't good for ventilation so it's getting Little Feet.

Miss rack handles? I could add them eh?

Enjoy!

1-96TOPback.jpg

2-96bottom.jpg

3-96TOPleftside.jpg

4-96FRleftside.jpg

5-96ortho.jpg

Last edited:
EW said "Personally, I think it looks pretty good with both." (rack handles and wood case) :)

If I'd seen this thread I wouldn't have started a new one. :scratch2: (Mod is welcome to combine...)

Case model number was CB-15. There are 25 slots on top. The 8300 tuner case has 20. How many on your 9100? Those slots match up from the sides.

On the other hand wood cases for the next iteration KR-8010 and similar were piecewise (or modular)--options for the end caps only, or with the full top piece together. Local AK'er cloned the end caps for his, and they looked better than original. :thmbsp:

For the very last of the monster TOTL Kenny receivers, the KR-9050, case is not modular but the elegant slots were history along with engraved lettering.

Ventilation on bottom was not good so elevate for better flow. Excessive heat is not your friend.

Last edited:
Very nice. A classic. It must look good with the front panel lights lit up.

I like the looks without the rack handles that Kenwood used for this line of receivers, which I always thought were too big and over-the-top looking.

Very nice. A classic. It must look good with the front panel lights lit up. ...

Thanks! Just posted a lighted pic here. Of course there's something missing...think I need dgwojo... :scratch2:

Never even seen a 9100 in dress attire. First saw a wood-clad KT-8300 like that in an ad last week.

Yes SLF, if you consider 24" wide 'big/over the top'... :) Widest receiver thread here.

Last edited:
Man!! Nice KR-9600 there!

I need to post a picture of my KA-9100 and KT-7500 in its rare dual veneer case where the 9100 goes in the top slot and the tuner goes in the bottom.

Great looking Kennys. But as you know they sound better than they look.

And that side grill vent is just the right amount of vintage class there Fisher Freak.

Here's the new one in subdued lighting.

96-night75.jpg

Last edited:
I've been searching for a CB-15 for a while. What rock did you find that one under?
I'd imagine having one built would be tough with those wood grills.

That's a beautiful 9600. I have yet to figure out why the prices for the Kenny monsters haven't taken off like Pioneer and Sansui.

Now you're making me want to fix the lights on my 9400 - they've been slowly failing since I got it. After I got it working, one was out - now the two next to it are gone.

I've always found it interesting that Kenwood went back to incandescent backlit function indicators on the 9600 and 9050, after using a bank of LEDs on the 9400.

For the very last of the monster TOTL Kenny receivers, the KR-9050

Actually, that would be the last of the attractive monster TOTL Kenny receivers. The KR-1000 Galaxy Commander followed the 9050, but it dropped back to the 9400's 120WPC power level.

I stand corrected. So far a Galaxy Commander has eluded my Kenny corner. But I got a KT-8300 last month so it's all good. :tresbon:

Back
Top Bottom