Wood or not wood?

siamac

PIONEER VINTAGE
PIONEER55.jpg

Oh, I don't know, but looking at all that stuff gives me a woody! :yes: :D

I personally like both wood and silver, but I really like the big silver stacks that you have there the most. :thmbsp:

Retro

That's a damn fine looking collection you have there.

I like wood, give's a warmth to every setup. Especially in the morning :D

Cheers
Army

:jawdrop: WOW!!, That is awsome, I guess you don't need the wood huh. Very nice setup. BTW welcome to AK.

In Europe almost all Pioneer Vintage Gear were sold without woodcase. In the USA.. most of them with woodcase. But the Recievers were sold only with woodpanels international. The first Reciever I know, which was sold in both versions was the SX-D7000.

As a rule of thumb it was only the top two units in any line that had real wood veneer cases. In spite of that you will keep seeing eBay audtions for units where the seller will write that it is in a beautiful wood case. IMHO anyone that can't tell imitation vinyl woodgrain from the real thing has got serious problems.

Rob

merrylander said:
As a rule of thumb it was only the top two units in any line that had real wood veneer cases. In spite of that you will keep seeing eBay audtions for units where the seller will write that it is in a beautiful wood case. IMHO anyone that can't tell imitation vinyl woodgrain from the real thing has got serious problems.

Rob
I dont know about that. My SX-727 had real wood veneer and also my SX-980.
Now my sansui 8080 has vinyl and so does my G-7700 maby it was a sansui thing?

Ron

Pioneer727 said:
I dont know about that. My SX-727 had real wood veneer and also my SX-980.
Now my sansui 8080 has vinyl and so does my G-7700 maby it was a sansui thing?

Ron

Yup Sansui really screwed the pooch by not putting wood on there receivers :thumbsdn:

Vinyl :yuck:

But IMHO you can't beat there sound :banana:

Regards
Army

I have one CT-F9191 in nice wood case. And one CT-F8282 in vinyl. Yesterday I took of the old vinyl and put new on. o.k.!?

But good looking vinyl can never reach real wood feeling!

Army said:
That's a damn fine looking collection you have there.

I like wood, give's a warmth to every setup. Especially in the morning :D

Cheers
Army

Ditto! Fine collection of Pioneer's you have there. Can give Retro Stereo a run for the money...and welcome to AK :thmbsp:

mattybumpkin said:
Just curious how you came about all that great gear. Ebay, thrift, original purchase, etc.?

Thnx,

"M"

In 1979 I had my first Hifi-Set : SX-450, PL-514, CS-xxx, SONY TC-U5 and dreaming about SPEC & Co. :worried:

In the year 2000/2001 I decided to buy the things I was dreaming in 1979...... :D

But once you start, you cannot stop.... :yes:

I just thought it was kind of obvious. :)

although make sure it's a dark wood as i don't think there are many components using oak or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom