Woodcases

Hi guys! Can someone explain to me which case is ideal for the non-B 2265 model? A lot of contradictions out there. Thanks!

the owners manual says its a WC-22U. i have a WC-1U and the U stands for universal i believe. it is the same as the WC-1 but has an adjustable board on the bottom for legs and securing the amp/tuner. that way it fits an amp or a shorter tuner. my **guess** is the WC-22 will fit the 2265 but the leg holes may not line up and you may or may not need to drill new ones in the rear.

I have a 2245 and an 1152dc. Good luck finding wood cases, and at a decent price. Found a guy on Etsy, had a wood case built for $100 each, and they look fan frigging tastic. The wood case matches the wood stereo cabinet the guy built for me.

Hi guys! Can someone explain to me which case is ideal for the non-B 2265 model? A lot of contradictions out there. Thanks!

i saw a WC-10-U that was sold on ebay new in the box. it didnt have an adjustable board like my WC-1U but it did have an extra set of leg holes drilled into it. so im pretty sure the U just means the case fits multiple 22xx units. since the WC-22U is listed as the case for the 2265 i would assume the 2265 feet are in a different spot then the other 22xx models or the venting is different. on my U model the bottom was mostly open so its possible that the vent holes in the bottom might need to be different as well. the WC-22 case that came with my 2285B was made specifically for the 2285B with the vents set up differently. im pretty sure it was only sold with the receiver and not separately. the leg holes of a standard WC-22 line up with the 2285B though.

Yes it does. And I also believe the 22 in WC-22 refers to the 22XX series of receivers that it'll fit. Or that's what a little birdie told me one time a few years ago... My 4270 even fits in it. I have one for it.

Chris, how does the top part of the WC-122 cabinet secure to the receiver?

it doesnt there are grooves on the two side panels that it slides into and the panels attach to the receiver, there is no metal grill/vent on it either what you see is the metal cover of the receiver itself. the side panels do have vents attached, there is no bottom just 3 pieces.

As I was looking for a WC for my model twentytwo, I found that the owner's manual lists a WC 3 as the fitting case. Even more confusion as this wood case model seems to be mentioned nowhere else.

As I was looking for a WC for my model twentytwo, I found that the owner's manual lists a WC 3 as the fitting case. Even more confusion as this wood case model seems to be mentioned nowhere else.

i found a pic of one at classicaudio .com
its not marantz but a NOS still in box aftermarket one that was with a NOS still in box model twenty-two.
https://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/mz/22.html

22cab.jpg

22om.jpg

I have A Model 22 in WC3, this is indeed the matching case for it. And this case only fits Model 22. A WC22 would not fits it would be too big.

Back
Top Bottom