Woody's moving gear around again...

ictwoody

I like vintage gear — my preamp is from 2007.
Got a little stir crazy tonight and decided to play with some different combos of my on hand stuff. This combo is really nice. The ICON MB30SE monos are only about 18wpc in triode mode, so they shouldn't be great with my Philharmonics... but they sound really good! They are a bit dark. Not quiet as open sounding as the SS Kismet. I still prefer my Odyssey monoblocks... but this made for a fun evening of listening to Tidal via my iPad into my Schiit Bifrost Uber and Modwright 36.5. Cables are all Clear Day pure silver.

- Woody

33966177000_4cb7c61d8e_h.jpg

I like it! Are those modified VTI racks? Where did you get your cutting boards?

I like it! Are those modified VTI racks? Where did you get your cutting boards?

The racks are kinda temp. They are the "Triple-Play" racks that Audio Advisor was selling as blems for $150 a set. There are almost two sets pictured. I need to fill the legs with sand.

The cutting boards on the middle unit are from IKEA. They are bamboo. Great for setting gear on rugs and stuff. The ones under the amps are 2 layers or 3/4" plywood I glued up. One side I contact cemented this kinda squishy linoleum stuff I got at a discount floor-covering place on and trimmed flush.

- Woody

The racks are kinda temp. They are the "Triple-Play" racks that Audio Advisor was selling as blems for $150 a set. There are almost two sets pictured. I need to fill the legs with sand.

The cutting boards on the middle unit are from IKEA. They are bamboo. Great for setting gear on rugs and stuff. The ones under the amps are 2 layers or 3/4" plywood I glued up. One side I contact cemented this kinda squishy linoleum stuff I got at a discount floor-covering place on and trimmed flush.

- Woody

I have the similar VPI racks and yes, sand or lead shot really deadens them. I bought some cutting boards similar to yours at Costco and was looking for some more as Costco stopped selling them. If you get a chance, could you give me the dimensions?

Back
Top Bottom