Wooohooo. I am happy.

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Once again I just got in from the hunt. Talk about luck...I just got the following

Lafayette Tube tester # 99-5063
Knight regulated power supply #KG-661
ViZ Isotap II WP-27A

The guy ran a VCR repair shop. SO everything works great. I was so excited to finally find a tube tester I didnt even notice till he told me that he had a Variac. This Viz does not look like any of the other Variac's I found but I cant wait to test it out. The grand total came to 50 bucks for all three.....So can anyone give me some advice on how to use the Viz or if they ever heard of one.

Oh yeah I scored a full Kenwood System from the early 1990's with a a Bic Sub set and satilites for 40 bones. I have sold all of these in the past and Know just the Kenwood receiver sells regularly for 75 bucks.
Dave

You my son made a killing. Check out this link on the WP-27A http://www.calibration.com
HES0488.jpg

So it is a Variac. I was starting to worry cause it does not look like any other one I have seen. I wanna use it to fire up those heathkits I just got. Now I just have to figure out how the heck to use it.

Dave

Grumpy l disagree you are not lucky, but sometimes you are rewarded for your hard work. The Vintage Gods smiled on you today.:)

Really it's not a variac in the pure sense of the term. It is however, a step transformer that also serves as an isolation transformer.

But can it be used as a Variac safely??

Back
Top Bottom