working,miniature v8's

That guy is a hell of an engineer/machinist if he did those all by himself. The cam lobes and valvetrain have got to be tiny. As well as the parts in the distributor.

You should check out some of what;s available in the model airplane engine world A friend of mine a collector has a 9 Cylinder 4 stroke radial that looks just like a mini Wright Patterson engine.

I have a twin that will fit in the palm of your hand displaces just .09 CC

Too cool- I remember reading of some guy back in the '30s who made a working 1/4 scale flathead Ford "60" hp V-8...Cast & machined the block & all.

Oh LUUUUUtherrrrrrrr!!!! :yippy:

Something tells me that Luther is gonna build one of these in the near future :D

Did you ever see the thread about a guy putting a 327 in a Cushman??? That is a trip, he's sitting on top of the SB Chevy...

Man, they not only run, they run great! Wish my real engine ran that well! Amazing work. I was wondering about the camshafts too. That has to be a real trick.

Ed

Yeah that engine is amazing and did you notice that that engine must have a serious cam in it!3/4 race or better!

I wonder how much HP/TQ that thing produces (and if you could even dyno it) it'd be fun to put it in a powerwheels :D

WOW...... not big on words me is.... 'stead of go-carts these would be great for some serious "drag-carts"

philo426 said:
Yeah that engine is amazing and did you notice that that engine must have a serious cam in it!3/4 race or better!

I did notice that. In fact I started shopping for a cam for my car after listening to that! I just gotta have that race car lope!

Take care,

Ed

Wow, NUTHIN' sounds like a tricked-out V-8...Even if it is only as big as a basketball...He oughta do a DOHC version next...An' then a V-12...

Sandy G said:
Wow, NUTHIN' sounds like a tricked-out V-8...Even if it is only as big as a basketball...He oughta do a DOHC version next...An' then a V-12...

Since I hang out with guys who drive old Capris, I have heard quite a few tricked out V6s and even some race 4s. When you put a big cam in the 6 and build it tight it sounds absolutely posesed. Just a wonderful, frightful sound.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom