Working on acoustics.

One of my buddies has Mye stands for his 3.6's. IMO and his they make a positive audible difference.

One of my buddies has Mye stands for his 3.6's. IMO and his they make a positive audible difference.
That's good to know. I read that they did make a difference. Has to be better than two skinny slats of metal on them now.

Today working on the back wall. I have a fireplace in that wall so I needed to fill that hole. Found a new record storage rack that fits perfect in that area. I will move all the records from the black shelves to the new shelves. Plus the new shelves have more space. I have the panels on stands for now to try them on that wall. It's starting to all come together but more to do. Once the black shelves are out of there I will have that blank wall on one side and the door on the other. Maybe be a couple of skylines there? PS I hearing sounds I never heard before. :music:IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0681.JPG

Records moved and been experimenting with panels. Sounds unbelievable. Just like those million dollar sound rooms in those hi end hi-fi stores. ;) Not hearing any more big changes in sound so I might be getting close to the end. One thing I can say is the room looks nice and sounds awesome. :rockon:IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0685.JPG

Nice work! Very good methods of room tuning....change one thing at a time and listen. What are your thoughts on ceiling wedges/angled panels?

upload_2019-1-6_13-7-21.png

I bet Watermelon Man, on that Hancock Headhunters LP, is sounding pretty freaking amazing. Congratulations!

I bet Watermelon Man, on that Hancock Headhunters LP, is sounding pretty freaking amazing. Congratulations!
Herbie sounds awesome in there now. I can't get over what a different it makes. Like I said earlier you hear sounds you never heard before. :thumbsup:

The acoustics in my room must have gotten better - I'm hearing voices I've never heard before! :crazy:

The ceiling corner wedges may not be needed if you already have nice, big crown molding up there.

Herbie sounds awesome in there now. I can't get over what a different it makes. Like I said earlier you hear sounds you never heard before. :thumbsup:

You should spin this up in there if you have it in your collection. The bass dynamics are simply amazing.

714o15gQ4VL._SY355_.jpg

The acoustics in my room must have gotten better - I'm hearing voices I've never heard before! :crazy:

The ceiling corner wedges may not be needed if you already have nice, big crown molding up there.
Never thought about the molding. :thumbsup:

I can only dream about having a room dedicated to my stereo but it is fun to live vicariously through your adventures. Thanks for sharing.

I often hear that the room is 50% of what we hear from our systems. After your recent changes what do you think of that statement?

Back
Top Bottom