Working SX-980

well, I'm not flying over to Germany to eat a steak unless there is vintage gear next to me. Besides, everyone knows that Texas has the best steaks :D

Maybe my next Party gonna be a "Pioneer-Party" or "Reel to Reel Party".

But because there is a lot of smoky air at night, it would not be a good place for vintage gear :no:

(In Germany you still can smoke in Restaurants, and people smoke a lot, because they stopped smoking at home and at work.)

...so you have to put the "Pioneer of the week" behind a glass cover to protect it, put some shiny light on it :banana:

VintageNut said:
well, I'm not flying over to Germany to eat a steak unless there is vintage gear next to me. Besides, everyone knows that Texas has the best steaks :D

After visiting my collection you can have some "Elsässer Flammkuchen", "Hefeweizen" and "Tobinambur", I think you don´t have none of them in Texas :D

0484.jpg

wb-hefeweizen2.JPG

schnaps.gif.gif

Last edited:
(In Germany you still can smoke in Restaurants, and people smoke a lot, because they stopped smoking at home and at work.)[/QUOTE]

I could use some clarity: They smoke a lot, but not at work or home. :scratch2:
Very interesting.

NewYorkView said:
(In Germany you still can smoke in Restaurants, and people smoke a lot, because they stopped smoking at home and at work.)

I could use some clarity: They smoke a lot, but not at work or home. :scratch2:
Very interesting.[/QUOTE]
At work (almost everywhere) it is not allowed to smoke, they don´t smoke at home because of the children, in Airplaines all domestic flights are non-smoking a.s.o..... so people go to the Bars, Cafes and Restaurants for smoking.

It is only a "score" if Russ says so, but I think it is a pretty lucky find indeed! Your buisness, like your equipment, is exceptional!

Another thing Siamac...Something's been on my mind since you started this thread: how is it that a fancy restaurant owner way the devil in Germany can score such a classy retro receiver out of the damn garbage! I know life isn't fair, but my goodness....the GARBAGE depot!? Oh well, this is all about audio karma, so more power to you. Enjoy it!!!!!! :thmbsp: NYV

Here is the list of my garbage founds:

SX-980
SA-800
Thorens-TD-105 turntable
Vincent Power Amp x 2
Vincent Intregated Amp, I sold these 3 Vincent for more than $ 500 on Ebay, they where not working and not complete !! :yes:
Revox B-77 ( Was thrown away from the recent Radio Station )
Denon-PMA1550 ( sold for $ 80 ).......

I was stationed at Wildflecken for 18 months, lived in Unterwiesenbrun, never saw anything like that in the trash, then again, it would have still been new at the time. :D

That's quite a garbage list Siamac has. Make me think it's worth a plane ticket over that way, and make like a raccoon. :scratch2:

I think that garbage collection took place over some years timeframe, with weekly visits...

I don't doubt it took some time to acquire that collection. But again, out the GARBAGE!!?? Could've said a friend gave the 980 to him. Not the truth, but less brutal. :yes: NYV

Last edited:
I have found tons and tons of stuff in the trash, some very valuable. But never any decient audio gear, only all in one systems. Great finds siamac, keep trash hunting ! :)

Back
Top Bottom