Working with room treatments.

tyeeslayer

In between life and other projects I have been playing with acoustical treatments in the theater room and here is what I got so far. The walls are painted paneling so were awful for reflecting sound.
Most of them are simple frames filled with Roxul safe and sound.
The horizontal one at the rear of the room has 4 inches of the heavy compressed Roxul rockboard.
The vertical bass traps behind the speakers contain a whole package of the Roxul safe and sound.
Then I have some acoustic foam for the first reflection.
Although I have not had a chance to do any measurements yet, the room has lost a lot of it's echo. The concert movies I have listened so far have shown marked improvement is sound quality.
On a side note 3M Command Adhesive poster strips are great for hanging the foam squares.

Attachments

• IMG_2760.JPG
    IMG_2760.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2763.JPG
    IMG_2763.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2766.JPG
    IMG_2766.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 64
Love the Star Trek wall, and the Hofner bass!

Stuff looks good. If you're still having problems, maybe you could try some diffusion? Even a bookcase with lots of different sizes of books can work. Other than higher reflections, were you having any issues with the room (any egregious resonant frequencies in the bass, for example)?

GJ
Most of the problems I was experiencing was echo and sloppy bass. The treatment so far has addressed those issues. When I get time I want to check with REW program, and adjust as necessary.
That is just a portion of the Star Trek stuff and as for the Hofner it is a Rock Band guitar (not real).
Does not get much use until the kids come over.

Back
Top Bottom