World Cup 2018

oops...

... Bye Germany...
I have nothing against Germany (My great-grandfather was born in Holstein), but one of the local stations started running an ad before the World Cup, something to the effect that whoever played Germany was going to get whooped. I guess they didn't see the ad.:dunno:

I'm rooting for the Brazilian team, though they will most likely falter (as usual). The team plays artistically and clean.
So far, the tournament has been great.

Toni Kroos after the goal together with the German coach.

Well, Belgium is a possible World Cup 2018 winner, in my opinion, and I think they actually would deserve it.

View attachment 1219401
Yeah that German coach with the Moe Howard hair cut could not get it done against S Korea.
I watched the whole game, broke my heart but I did not cry. :)

It would have been just bragging rights at my work with the Mexicans in that group.

Best-

Boozehound

Brazil now becomes a serious contender to their 6th Cup... If they beat Belgium, they'll have France or Uruguay, but they were really strong against Mexico... I don't see any other team stronger than Brazil right now...

I hope to see Belgium in quarter-finals and in the end...

belgium-flag-300x180.jpg

I have absolutely no respect for Neymar, he's a great player but his antics have been horrible

That Uruguay v France match looks to be a good one, the Croatia v Russia match looks to be a physical affair.

Anyone notice there's been no incidents, or at least none that have been reported outide of Russia, of Russian hooliganism? a buddy of mine and I both agree that "Daddy" put the word out that absolutely no troubles will occur and if they do there will be a large price to pay. It'll be interesting if Russia winds up playing the Three Lions however there's not a lot of English fans there.

The Senegal fans were very cool

. . . I hope to see Belgium in quarter-finals and in the end... . . .

I'm a casual fan, but I have a friend who is true-blue Everton, so I've known about Lukaku for a while. Plus, as a Pittsburgher, I think Belgium looks spiffy in yellow over black. (And just like Everton, the Pirates can't afford to keep their best players).

So my choice is easy.

romelu-lukaku-7591.jpg

My England just squeaks in. Now Sweden.
Wonder how police departments all over the U.K. dealt with the aftermath.

I'm a casual fan, but I have a friend who is true-blue Everton, so I've known about Lukaku for a while. Plus, as a Pittsburgher, I think Belgium looks spiffy in yellow over black. (And just like Everton, the Pirates can't afford to keep their best players).

So my choice is easy.

romelu-lukaku-7591.jpg
I like the logo of the Riverhounds... don't know how high they rank in US championships, but it's really well designed... Yellow-black has huge graphic impact.

Pittsburgh_Riverhounds_%282018%29.png

The defense technique of the French team was fantastic - I am sorry for Belgium. Very sorry.

So most likely the final on Sunday will be France vs. England and France will win that match as well, because they are playing currently a bit smarter than England...

However - since Belgium is out I hope that "Football is coming home" on Sunday!!!

Last edited:
The defense technique of the French team was fantastic - I am sorry for Belgium. Very sorry.

So most likely the final on Sunday will be France vs. England and France will win that match as well, because they are playing currently a bit smarter than England...

However - since Belgium is out I hope that "Football is coming home" on Sunday!!!

That was a good game yesterday. Vive le France!

Back
Top Bottom