Worst looking classic receiver

I don't even know what I am looking at here. Did some middle-school kid make a papier-mâché house for his dad's receiver? Is this a planter box equipped with a radio?
I don't know what this guy is thinking.Apparently he makes these "things"to enhance the beauty of the receivers.:confused:

ONKYO.jpg Just about anything with the DULL aluminum finish,they look horrible.

Like this Onkyo, the knobs are hideous.

Last edited:
This may be the winner.I've seen a lot of good candidates but at least they had a resemblance to a stereo.This things looks just like a cash register.
haha we europeans will totally own the competition in this game! we made the ugliest stereos the world has ever seen!

I don't know what this guy is thinking.Apparently he makes these "things"to enhance the beauty of the receivers.:confused:

geez! there´s two of these? why?

The knobs are kinda big but overall those Onk's look nice,especially lit up.
I've always thought they had a cool, or less flashy look with the matte knobs. Reminds me of the CJ Motif gear.
I suppose I'd only recommend a non woodgrain case. Otherwise, me likely.
IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0988.JPG

Last edited:
From this.
ONKYO TX-4500.jpg

To this.

ONKYO MK.jpg

Before they screwed it up with 5000 matte finish i posted earlier .YUCK

Last edited:
Well to each his own but I think that mkII series from Onkyo is beautiful.

Yes the MK version is very nice ,i meant the later 5000 version with the matte face.
I will see if i can fix how i posted it,so to make that clear.

Last edited:
I wonder how the matte finish holds up in terms of dirt, lettering wear, etc. compared with the usual shiny silver? It also lets you do (in theory) some neat stuff like polishing spots to create lettering without raised print.

I've always thought they had a cool, or less flashy look with the matte knobs. Reminds me of the CJ Motif gear.
I suppose I'd only recommend a non woodgrain case. Otherwise, me likely.
View attachment 833457 View attachment 833458 View attachment 833459

Oh for sure it's not in the same class as some of the others listed here,at least it doesn't look like a Calculator mated with a mixer.

I just don't like the matte finish at all,especially on the knobs.

I wonder how the matte finish holds up in terms of dirt, lettering wear, etc. compared with the usual shiny silver? It also lets you do (in theory) some neat stuff like polishing spots to create lettering without raised print.

I read that the lettering on the TX-2500/4500/6500/8500 can be easily erased while cleaning,not sure if it's the same with the later mk version.
Luckily i saw that before i screwed up my 2500 that i had at one time,missing lettering makes me want to kill.:D

Back
Top Bottom