Worst. Movie. Ever.

I'll say it again, The Room, hands down worst movie of all time.

Watch it, you'll see.

I'll watch The Room if you watch the Pokemon Movie. If you haven't gouged your eyes out afterwards, you will be back here agreeing with me.

Seriously, I've seen most of the movies mentioned in this thread. They are *all* cinematic masterpieces in comparison. It's the only movie my daughters ever saw me cry at, of course I was crying for having spent however much money to take the family to what amounted to a very poorly made Saturday morning cartoon.

bs

I'll say it again, The Room, hands down worst movie of all time.

Watch it, you'll see.

I have and yes the acting, especially Tommy Wiseau's, is really bad.

Can I say that The Room and Avatar are both equally the worst movie, but for different reasons? :D

---
- Vacuum tubes are where it's at!

You took this film seriously? For Christ sake it's made by TROMA, they don't even take them selves seriously (well since the toxic avenger). The movie knows it's goofy and stupid as shit and that what makes it fun to watch.

Seriously had nothing to do with it. This film sucked as it was designed to. So does that make it good? I guess you enjoyed the two sequels that followed fun to watch as well.

I'll watch The Room if you watch the Pokemon Movie. If you haven't gouged your eyes out afterwards, you will be back here agreeing with me.

Seriously, I've seen most of the movies mentioned in this thread. They are *all* cinematic masterpieces in comparison. It's the only movie my daughters ever saw me cry at, of course I was crying for having spent however much money to take the family to what amounted to a very poorly made Saturday morning cartoon.

bs

Now you're just talking crazy.

You were totally crying because ash was turned to stone after trying to get the pokemon clones to stop fighting each other for mewtwos amusement, and how only their combined tears could restore him.

......my god, what the hell was that movie about?:scratch2:. Seriously, though, it's not the worst ever, even by kiddy-toon standards. I do have a nostalgia filter as well, i'll admit.

:nono: Not even close to: Yor, Hunter from the Future!

That was a movie, so terrible, not even masochists could watch it :tears:

I hear a dare!!:D

EDIT: don't know if i've mentioned it before, but talking earlier to a friend we couldn't decide which was worse: Transformers 2 or 3, 3 is beyond stupid plot wise, and has a ton of stuff to mull over, but the thing with 2 is I have literally NO memory of anything in the movie, I honestly can't remember how the climax took place on a pyramid, etc. It takes some real skill to make a near 3-hour flick so forgetfull.

Seriously had nothing to do with it. This film sucked as it was designed to. So does that make it good? I guess you enjoyed the two sequels that followed fun to watch as well.

No I didn't, sequels pretty much suck regardless of how good the source material is. The film was designed to be stupid and goofy and it accomplishes that and it's part of the fun of watching it. Honestly a movie is only really terrible when it A. Fails to entertain (be it a illegitimately good movie or a cheese fest like Sylvester Stallones Cobra) or B. Takes it self far to seriously.

I love the qualification review at the top of the poster. "Well, it was better than another POS flop..." :lmao:

183139.1020.A.jpg

Not nearly as good as the picture IT copied; Sam Fuller's "Run of the Arrow".

I can go on at length about how wretched and dishonest Dances with Wolves is.

Tom, that may be so, but it, like avatar, can't be rated as the worst movie ever when a list of hundreds of movies could be created that would be worse.

Tom, that may be so, but it, like avatar, can't be rated as the worst movie ever when a list of hundreds of movies could be created that would be worse.

True enough, unfortunately.... Yor, Hunter from the Future does eclipse it in sheer viewing terror. Granted! Avatar, however, has to definitely be in the list of the 20 greatest contenders for that illustrious title (Worst Ever)....

Robinson Caruso on Mars is better, Starship Troopers was better, even... Predator vs Alien was better....

Listening to the hype, I went to the theater to see it. I sat through Avatar only because I had shelled out $7 to see it. All I wanted to do, within 15 minutes of its beginning, was to exterminate the "blue people" with a near religious zeal and ruthless abandon - preferably using nuclear bombs falling from an orbiting spaceship. I was actually, at one point, considering shouting loudly in the theater: "Death to the blue aliens!" :nono: But that is best left to some guy to belt out, as it would not have had the same effect coming from a girl with a somewhat high, squeeky voice ;)

No doubt. And I think Avatar was OK, at least it avoided the more inane aspects of Dances with Wolves. Such as the ridiculous notion that a mid 19th Century Sioux was unaware of the telescope.

Now in Walter Hill's Geronimo movie with Wes Studi we see the Geronimo character appreciates a pair of fine binoculars. That's more like it.

Soylent Green, without a doubt. Long list of stars, but absolutely the worst EVER, IMO.

I will have to personally disagree with you here. Not that it wasn't bad - it was. Certainly it is on a list of duds. What I think saved it was Charlton Heston. Why a major star like him, would take such a movie is beyond me. Maybe he really needed the money. :scratch2:

I think with Soylent Green it was a science-fiction film that did not anticipate changes of technology, especially in agriculture. It is my understanding that crop yields today are 35-40% higher per acre than in the late 1960s for example. Furthermore, it followed a whole mold of these apocalyptic science-fiction disaster movies....

Planet of the Apes (1968) and its rather forgettable squeals through 1973. Omega Man (1970), Earth II (1974), Phase IV (1973), Andromeda Strain (1971), Silent Running (1972), Solaris (CCCP - 1972), Damnation Ally (1976), and yes in the late 1970s to mid 1980s, the Mad Max series (Mad Max (1979), Road Warrior (1982), Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985))... And many others...

The theme is always the same, the quality of the product is vastly different. The Mad Max series was very good (Road Warrior is my favorite :D), as was Andromeda Strain, and Silent Running is an absolute classic....

In terms of viewpoints, development, and story, I would say that Avatar was much worse than Soylent Green in every aspect. The only thing it had going for were the incredible special effects which were undreamed of when Soylent Green was made (on a very limited budget I believe). :yes:

Last edited:
Before it hits the 10 year stale-date I'm reviving this thread...

Simply watch "Dune World" (2021) on Amazon Prime, It makes "The Room" look Academy Award worthy, I don't know how this pile of dogshit ever made it onto a major streaming platform :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom