Worst Movie

Wireworm5

Audiophile
If I pay money to see a movie at a theatre even if I don't like it, I'm going to sit through it, damn it! But one time the movie was so bad I had to walk out. The movie 'Ishtar'.
'Charlie's Angel's' I thought was a laugh. But this was on tv, and at least with this movie I could google at the hot babes.
So what movie tops your list as being the worst? One that you simply could not sit through and had to walk out of at a theatre.

i have actually sat through both 'cabin boy' and 'pee wee's big top', because i had my kids with me....and they were rotten to the core.

i walked out of that billy crystal movie about the cattle drive, because it too was terrible beyond all comprehension

shrinkboy

Worst movie ever?

Tank Girl - nuff said

How's about biggest movie disappointment??

The Hulk

2nd and 3rd

Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions

The sequel is better than the original award?

Xmen 2

Greatest trilogy or series??? Goodbye Star wars, I don't think so Indiana Jones and step aside Mr. Bond cuz it now belongs to the LOTR trilogy by about a billion miles ;)

LOTR???

Damn Straight there boy.

That is one FINE set of films.

If more people did their work like those folks, we'd all be better off.

BTW, AMC has Sergio Leones' "Once Upon a Time in the West" on tonight 2 8:00PM EDT.

Unforgiven has to be my all time least favorite movie. I can find something to like in almost any movie. But crap, Clint Eastwood as a pig farmer, besides the movie just stunk.

I walked out of 3 movies....

1. Chicago...what a joke
2. Master of Disguise (the comedy with the SNL guy)
3. Cat In The Hat

Stranger Than Paradise. Jarmusch is a genius, but what a load of precious self indulgent..... UGH!!!

Eyes Wide Shut. At least I can't say I wasn't warned by the title.

I also hated Rainman. Just hated it, and not just because I think Cruise is usually a lousy actor. Dustin Hoffman was a great autistic man? Who says? You? How? That film cynically pushes every button the audience owns, from buddy pic to disabled guy pity to road movie to real-meaning-of-life-revelation. Not for me it doesn't.

Gone With The Wind is an overrated weepy melodrama with poor acting and an obvious plot.

Sunset Boulevard. See below.

The Shipping News, not because it was all that awful, but because it had a great cast and yet was so infinitely worse than the amazing Pulitzer Prize winning novel. How does tha thappen?

I also don't like Singing In The Rain (or is it "Singin'")? Silly and overrated. Dancing. Big deal.

Also high on my list: any other movie about a movie, or about actors, or about a screenwriter or a director or about a movie of a movie, or - top of the list here - about a screenwriter (Charlie Kauffman) writing the film being filmed. That's so self referential that it exists as a singularity, without dimension, sense or purpose except to Be for the people producing it. I read the original Susan Orlean story in The New Yorker years ago and was amazed. It stuck with me for years. The resulting film literally ruined my week.

Grudging exceptions to the no self reference rule: The Player, Hurlyburly, that recent thing about Gilbert and Sullivan with the great Jim Broadbent, some others I'd excuse on the basis of being otherwise exceptional, but they all get docked 20% of their overall score.

Last edited:
I walked out of Jabberwocky but only because my then wife was weeping uncontrolably. She's the sensitive type and couldn't take all the filth, poverty, sickness, violent death and hopelesness in the first 15 minutes. I resisted exiting but was relieved. Those guys lay it on a wee bit thick at times.

Never saw the end of Jurassic Park. Spent the last 10 minutes in the lobby trying to light a cig with shaking hands. I hadn't seen a monster/suspense film since Alien (1) and that one scared the whiz right out of me. My girlfriend exited at the end grinning and buoyant. They are touger than us.

Oh! Oh! The Mod Squad! I sat through the whole thing because I literally couldn't believe that the whole film could be as bad as the first 15 minutes. It was. It's the only opening night film I have ever attended where the viewers exiting the theater entreated those waiting in line to turn back and demand refunds. Seriously. It amazes me that of all of the people involved with the film nobody anywhere along the process said "You know, this just stinks. Why don't we cut our losses, burn the footage and salvage our dignity." But no.

Escanaba In Da Moonlight is an awful film of a teriffic and very sucessful play by Jeff Daniels. Indirect family connections to the Daniels clan got us into the prestigious Detroit premier and I'd have rather been anywhere else after the first half hour.

I've watched a lot of stinkers and viewed tons of horror, slasher, and other oddball flicks but the one that I thought was really #$%@'d up was David Cronenberg's Crash. Most of the people in the theater were looking around at each other to see reactions - no one there could believe how debauched that waste of celluloid was. How he talked Holly Hunter and James Spader into signing up for that one is beyond me. That movie gives the same sort of reflex one would get from their grandmother slipping them the tongue :yuck:

Rocky Horror Picture Show :puke: :puke: :puke:
I know its this supposid great cult classic but damn:puke:
My roomate from eons ago talked me into going too see it what a piece of thrash!!! Some 'Big' girl in line dressed up like Nel admitted to seeing it over 200 times I thought is was this great undiscovered calssic,but then I saw it did I say damn already? :puke: :puke: :puke:

The most memorable thing about a movie scene will always be when I first saw Jurassic Park and that T-Rex comes smashing thru it's enclosure :eek: My jaw just dropped, now CGI and special effects are getting so amazing that it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore but I often think about that scene when I am sitting in the dark waiting for a movie to start.

Favorite Anything with the Bowery boys and the shootist. I thought it was the best thing Opey was ever in.

HM the worst would have to be Blue lagoon. I cannot stand more then 10 minutes of it before my stomach starts heaving. I gotta agree with Thor on Tank girl and the Hulk. What a huge let down !

LOTR kicks ass and none of the star wars can top the original.

I liked Jabberwocky but Life of Brian didn't do to much for me.

Fav Clint movie was Josey Wales. Chief George stole the show in it :)

The worst ever

"The Cook, the Theif, his Wife, her Lover". This is one of those weird artsy movies that are usually at worst, boring. The wife (girlfriend at the time) and I went with another couple. It would have been awkward to leave so I sat through the whole thing. On the way to the car it was found out that all 4 of us felt the same way and wished somebody had suggested leaving.

Sucky Moviez

Orca has my vote for the worst film I ever saw. LOTR the best of the best. I love it. BTW, Thor, it is SGI, Silicon Graphics Inc. not CGI, and I have an SGI Onyx the same model that Jurassic Park 3d animations was done on. Great computer. weighs about 200 lbs.
Uri

Deep Impact. Terrible movie. The only movie I have ever left early because it was soooo bloody bad! It's long, drawn out, predictable and it was a copy cat idea (armageddon came out just before it). AH! It's been on buses at 5am when I go snowboarding, and it makes me want to start hitting the bottle before the yardarm passes noon!!!
Funny story about this movie though. I was out on a date when I saw it and we had nothing to do when we ditched out early so we went and made out. Good Times!! That's the only thing this movie is good for.... going out and doing something else!

My 2 cents. BTW great thread!

Yeah Orca was a pretty proposterous movie.

Anyone seen "The Core"?? Talk about a silly movie :rolleyes:

Also talk about a letdown, all the Aliens movies after Aliens, Aliens kicked so much ass then to go from to the two horrible sequels after :confused: :puke:

Another disapointment - James Cameron, Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, T2, True Lies, then he does Titanic, now after Titanic he hasn't done another movie, it's been like 8 years :eek: Was Titanic so huge that now he's afraid to direct another movie and have it be a dog and destroy his legacy???????

My worst movie pic...

has to be Magnolia.
and they nominated Tom Cruise for an oscar???:puke:

I also thought any of the Jaws sequels was awful!!

Hard Bounty. A class B Western that plagerised a number of successfull Westerns for the screen play and with the lousy screenplay and mediocre direction, and crappy soundtrack was so bad that my ex and I sat there and howled with laughter till it hurt, and is supposed to be serious suspence!
If you happen to be a buff of Westerns and can stand this terrible movie enough to get past just how bad it is, it can actually be quite entertaining. I mean gut busting, crying from laughing at it funny. With absolutly no intention of being so it is almost the Airplane of Westerns.
It has to be one of the worst movies ever made. Rent a copy today and see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom