Worst packaging ever nominee

Hello Community,

Reading all Your first 3 Pages, i have decide to write and ask You friendly:

1. What Asking Text, I have to write to Seller for best possible Packaging?

2. Are here at AK some Instructions in US Languages, I can study first?

3. Nobody tells any "Names" of the Black Packer? Why not?

In each intersting Bay Article, I ask like fillow:

Hi, How do You pack this Item? Doublebox, no Foamchips, Newspaper. Thick Cardboard Box? 2Inch Foam Boards? Tubes separated in thick Foam in Box? How secure would it be packed? Can You do this Job of secure Packing such delicate Stuff? Best Regards, XY

For me its a PITA, asking in broken english.. sorry!

Uups, first Seller give the Answer:
"Yes, I will go overboard, If U win, tell me your prefered method and I will use it. thanks"

Best Regards,

Why Not?

Iam shure a List, or Table Reference would be veeery practical.

Say, You see a nice McIntosh, (ok, a Marantz too for me ),
The Seller is a Type of First Post Packer.

You dont know nothing about Him - exept - You can look at the actualy Reference List of problematic Pckager?!

Crumple Zone

It looks like UPS is crash testing packages too:lmao:. Saw this while at my cousin's shop and had to take a picture. Guess it got jammed on the conveyor belt? Amazingly the content's were unharmed, but it was full of carburetor parts contained in a small box inside.

Attachments

• PICT0228.jpg
    PICT0228.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 101
I'm a truck driver for the post office. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen going through there. Duct tape really doesn't stick well to cardboard. Use more than one piece of tape to close a box. You shouldn't use string to close a box. People don't realize that packages are dumped and chucked like basketballs. They don't care if the fragile ones are on the bottom when they throw that anvil on top.

I once bought a fancy and somewhat fragile chair made from carved wood and rattan-like twine work, near Peshawar in Pakistan's Frontier provinces. I bought it shortly before leaving, and there were no packing materials available there for me to pack it with. I checked it onto a plane as-is,without any packing, just a luggage tag tied on it, and expecting it to arrive as toothpicks, if it arrived at all. It made flights just like that, without any packing, from Peshawar through Karachi, Mumbai (Bombay), on to Bangkok and then to Hong Kong, without any damage whatsoever! I guess airlines baggage handlers are better than the courier company guys!

eBay really needs to put "packing" as feedback criteria along with seller's communication, how accurate was the description, etc.

Garbage Anyone?

How about this pack job? The guy used garbage. GARBAGE!!! At least it was dry garbage and no banana peels or coffee grinds...
The box was a very well used toilet paper box from a grocery store. It's barely fit to hold the toilet paper, never mind a nice amp.

The Box:

IMG_0316_resize.jpg

The First Layer of "packing:"

IMG_0322_resize.jpg

The Second Layer:

IMG_0323_resize.jpg

The Amp:

IMG_0324_resize.jpg

The Pile Afterwards:

IMG_0328_resize.jpg

The Amp Survived:

IMG_0329.jpg

This amp traveled 1500 miles to get to me...packed like this. It survived with only a small nick on the left side of the face plate.

I guess that's packing "green"?

It's posts like Mike's that have kept me from buying anything non-local unless it's from an AK member. It's a scarey world we live in.

That's one nice looking Kenny. I'm happy for you that it didn't suffer any significant damage judging from that pisspoor packing. :yes:

The amp survived but to go along with the terrible pack job the Kenwood was not exactly as described either. It will be a bit of a project to get it going and needs a trip to my tech.
The asshole (in hindsight unfortunately) that I bought it from was of course, not at all understanding of my rage.

The amp survived but to go along with the terrible pack job the Kenwood was not exactly as described either. It will be a bit of a project to get it going and needs a trip to my tech.
The asshole (in hindsight unfortunately) that I bought it from was of course, not at all understanding of my rage.
That is actually an awful packing job. I'm surprised the smashed up box survived, let alone the amp...

However, newspaper can make rather good packaging material if used well. I ball each sheet up tightly and put it in freezer bags to prevent shifting - if used two layers deep, it's pretty bombproof. Running newspaper through a paper shredder also makes good packing. I've bought brand-new stuff which actually used shredded newspaper in sealed bag as packaging...

Got this today, along with a complete refund already. At least the seller was reasonable and quickly blamed another family member.

It was literally cardboard taped to the unit, you could see the edges through the tape.

turntable1.jpg

turntable3.jpg

I'm a truck driver for the post office. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen going through there......

I think my grandmother has finally stopped using "heavy wrapping paper". In the 40's heavy wrapping paper and twine was probably a very good way to go......not now!

Back
Top Bottom