Worth it?

Jax3822

I have a chance to trade my Infinity RS5's (1990's) version and a Pair of Dcm Time Window 1a's for a mint condition pair of Infinity Kappa 6.1's, (not sure if they are series I or II). They Kappas are in oak. I have not listened to them yet.

The Timewindows only cost me 10 bucks, but I really like them. The RS5's are really good for a HT speaker, but I am not using them at all.

Any opinions? These are for 2 channel use only and I am using a former flagship model Yamaha DSP-A1, 110 wpc, 4 ohm stable integrated amp to power them.

for a frame of reference, I did not like the Crescendo 3007's, or overture II's in this set up. Nor did I like a pair of Genesis speakers with the ribbon tweeters, but with a different amp. I do like my fathers Kappa 9's, and the Kappa 6.1's are front ported which works better in my room.

thanks.

Jax, I have a pair of Timewindow 1A's as well, so I can "feel" for your dilema..there is something about those :) The only thing about the Kappa's is that I have heard that particular version of the EMIT is very fragile. one "clipping" and that is it. For me, it would be difficult to get rid of the time windows:scratch2:

Thanks. I have had the same emit tweeter in my Crescendo 3007's. It held up well with my Yamaha dsp-a1 with no problems. They were a little boomy in my room for my tastes. I have had bad luck with rear ported speakers in my listening area. The Kappas are series 2 with a large front port, so I am curious to hear them here.

The Time Windows have such a nice sound stage, that I think i may regret getting rid of them. They could use a little more bottom end, but the rest of their presentation may make me over look that . The nice thing is that they only represent a 10 dollar investement for me, so I will not be out a whole lot of cash if I do not like the Kappas.

Thanks. I have had the same emit tweeter in my Crescendo 3007's. It held up well with my Yamaha dsp-a1 with no problems. They were a little boomy in my room for my tastes. I have had bad luck with rear ported speakers in my listening area. The Kappas are series 2 with a large front port, so I am curious to hear them here.

The Time Windows have such a nice sound stage, that I think i may regret getting rid of them. They could use a little more bottom end, but the rest of their presentation may make me over look that . The nice thing is that they only represent a 10 dollar investement for me, so I will not be out a whole lot of cash if I do not like the Kappas.

I hear you completely about the "Windows"...They are not low-level resolution speakers..you have to open up on 'em a little bit. I agree, I would like a bit more bass also, but what they do get is so "correct" and that imaging.....choices choices,..LOL

Back
Top Bottom