WSJ: Why Vinyl's Boom Is Over

Covers ground already trodden to muck without much new or enlightening to add. Reads more like an advert for Welch and Rawlings' pressings.

I remember seeing that vinyl sales were still going up at last report? Plus now Sony is getting back in the game of pressing.

If it's something that's niche, which vinyl is, even if sizable, that means there is a limit to future potential growth possibility. For WSJ, that's enough, in and of itself, for it to look like vinyl is over. They're all about money, after all.

Just reading parts of this thread make reading the article a waste of time. good since I don't like the paywalls and the needed workarounds

Record sales just for used stuff is millions of dollars a day and has been for many years. College kids are getting into them heavily now so I don't see any "end of boom", it never went away. Even when CD's came out, people were at the shops buying used records everyday though the record companies backed off production of new titles which they found to be a mistake and so started pressing again in the early 90s

EDIT: Another point is that Indie Rock bands put a lot of record format music out. There is a site on the internet devoted just to those that collect that genre CD's and records

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom