WTB: Technics Headshell

Wornears

Age & Treachery
Just picked up a Technics SL-D2 turntable for my son's bedroom system. No headshell. Does anyone have a Technics one, complete with wires? This one has a 4-pin, standard bayonet, 1/2-inch connector -- locks with a ring.

Or does anyone have any experience with the "Universal" ones that are for sale and can offer one to buy? Complete authenticity isn't required for this TT, he just wants to listen to Peter Tosh, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

Thanks

I have tried several types. Any of the universal SME types will fit and will work fine. But if you use heavier headshells you may run into arm cartridge matching issues. It depends on the cartridge of course. At one point I weighed several different headshells trying to find the lightest one to inprove an issue that I was having. The lightest one that I found was this stock Technics headshell. Notice that there are holes to reduce the weight. They seem to be very stiff too, good design. I dont have any extras right now, but they do show up on ebay regularly.

As the previous poster said any of the universal ones will work. I like the look of the newer Technics headshells I have the older ones from the mid70's before the added the holes. Sorry I don't have an extra one. There are several places that sell them do a search and you'll see many different types to pick from or just try ebay.

Good Luck. :thmbsp:

Thanks to all for the leads! I cleaned and lubed the SL-D2 last night. Not too bad for a plastic tt of that era. Holds speed like a rock. First DD I've ever worked with, so I'll be interested in its sound.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom