WTF!! My friend broke my SACD player?

cyclepath

My Denon dvd-3910 has worked flawlessly since I've had it. Played dsotm SACD for a friend (which sounded great btw) I went to check the steaks and my friend asked if he could change the CD. So of course I said yes. When I returned he says "I checked out some of the functions" to which I replied "oh" and went about the rest of the day. Several weeks later I decided to play the CD again while doing some archery related things and low and behold NOTHING!!!! The SACD light comes on but no sound. I went through the setup but nothing stood out. I asked my friend what he had done but he was clueless as to what he had done. The player still plays CD's and DVD's but not the SACD CD's. I have 24 SACD CD's and tried 3 different ones with no luck. What the hell did he do? Please help, I feel like I've been violated!

It seems I went through this with a Denon SACD player before.

I believe it was sending the signal to HDMI instead of the Stereo Analog Outs, or maybe it was sending the signal to the 5.1 Analog Outputs, or something along that line.

Everything seems to work. The SACD light comes on, it recognizes the disk, counts up the songs just no sound. I am baffled.

Check your owners manual. There's a procedure to reset to factory defaults in the troubleshooting section.

I believe Mr. Olson jr. is correct. I have a 5910, and the SACD audio can be disabled based on the menu settings. Definitely check the manual.

In my opinion, Denon menus have always been not so user friendly, and non-intuitive.

I have a Denon 2930CI and the manual is thick. You can turn off the video section or parts of it. Customize the audio or turn it off it's crazy how customizable it is. My suggestion is go into the menu and check the audio settings mine has half a dozen channel configurations. I would also tell your friend hands off your equipment. Good Luck patience will sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom