WTF?

Well he hasn't asked for anything since. Never explained what happened either. He's pretty into this stuff so I'm guessing it may have been a former roommate.

I was going to try to come up with something humorous but my better judgement kicked in. There's just nothing funny about that. The only thought I had was - well you can't fault him for trying but in this case - yeah you can. He should have at least asked somebody- anybody. Google? I'm sorry for your speakers...

I think the results kinda speak for themselves. Sometimes the "Why" should remain incomprehensible when nothing can be gained by hearing the rationale.

"Rendered speechless" certainly applies in a case where something has been so thoroughly "Rendered".

Agreed. I don't really care about the "why." In fact my whole "weed and alcohol" explanation was just tongue in cheek though I have been at a few of those parties ... :yikes:

I took these back a couple years ago, they've been in storage since. I'm cleaning out the hoard and thought this debacle deserves to be on AK. Just for laughs, nothing more deep.

I'm saving them, obviously not in original form, though I guess to complete the absurdness of the original "fix" I should buy a couple of MTX or Pyle subs to replace the woofers with then put them on craigslist as all original! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If it is spray foam, it says right on the can that there is nothing known that will remove it. What a way to ruin a completely fixable driver.

Back
Top Bottom