WTH? Onk lights going out, one by one....

jay

Guys, this one has me puzzled--two weeks ago I replaced the lights on my little Onkyo TX-1500MKII receiver. Starting two days ago, they started going out. There are only two working lights left.
The worst part is, the bulbs are fine. Replacing them does no good -- the wires have no current!!:wtf:

Anyone know what to do to fix this? It's so pretty when lit, I hate to see it this way. :cry:

Have you actually measured the point where the lamps go to see if there is voltage?

Remember that you generally need to set your meter for AC...few receivers and such bother to rectify the voltage for the lamps since a bulb doesn't give a rat's ass if it has 8VRMS or 8VDC across it...it will shine just as bright.

Good Point, Echo. I confess that I haven't actually measured for voltage. Instead I've used a couple of brand new bulbs, one at a time, with the result, still no light. I'm assuming that new lights would be good. Looks like it's time to break out the meter, although I'm still almost certain thre's no current. :(

Gee, Echo, I'm a little redfaced. You want me to say it right here out loud in public? The whole thing was caused by a combination of a defective 'new' bulb and a loose wire!:eek::rolleyes: ;)

It's OK..:p:

I don't usually post my boo-boo's, but yours was pretty basic. I've done some good 'uns, some cost not much more than a few moments rework, others cost an entire piece of gear (or close to it in the way of expensive output transistors or some such..)

Glad it works.

Back
Top Bottom