www.highdecibels.com

CraigSiR

Does anyone have any experience with this online seller? I emailed them about a pair of Polk Audio RTi A7 speakers in cherry. The guy that answered my email said they were expecting their order for new stock on Nov 27th. I placed my order on Nov 26th. I get an email from Google checkout and everything seems ok. I email asking for tracking numbers, and a week later they show up. I have been checking the tracking numbers everyday and they still show that only the billing info has been received and no movement on the packages. So, today makes three weeks since I was told they would ship, and two weeks that UPS has had the billing info. I keep emailing the sales guy I first emailed and I get no reply. I set a final email stating that if I did not hear back from them today, I am going to contact my credit card company to start the dispute. about an hour later I get a call from another guy, and he says that my speakers were going to ship today and they would send me the tracking numbers. When I told him I had the tracking numbers, he was speechless, and said that the speakers would ship today. I have rechecked the tracking numbers and they still show the same info. Would you guys give them a change to make good, or should I call my credit card company?
Thanks in advance,
Craig

If it comes down to it, http://www.ic3.gov/ is the place to go to deal with internet scams (like companies that take your money and don't give you anything for it).
Hell, if they had the product in the first place but weren't planning on shipping it, I guarantee that threatening them with ic3 will make it ship. Quickly. If they don't have it and were never planning on getting it or shipping it, but took your money anyway, report the bastards.

Hi Mamadramasc here. I have never posted on any board so please forgive me if I really mess this up.

CraigSIR.....Did you ever resolve your highdecibels issue?

I'm trying to resolve one with those fine folks now........:(

Yes! This has been resolved. I received my speakers yesterday, 12-21-07. It took a few phone calls and some stern emails, but all is well. I don't plan on ever buying anything else from this company, but I did get a good deal in the end. The excuse I was given was they did not get the color I wanted in stock and had to reorder. I never did hear back from the person that took my order, but I did get the phone number of the owner I believe. That is who I talked with and exchanged emails with.

On a related issue to the speakers, I ordered some bi-wire Kimber Kables from a different company that were to be here the day before the speakers arrived. When they did not show up, I just thought they would be here the next day. The next day when I got home, the speakers arrived, but still no cables. I emailed the vendor, and they said that UPS showed they have been delivered the day before and left on the front porch. I asked what address were they delivered to, and they had inverted my address. I drove a few blocks away to track down the address and my cables, but there is no such address, so who knows where those cables are. The company is sending me another set, and they should be here Monday, Christmas eve. Well someone got some nice cables from Santa UPS.

Problems with HighDecibels

My son and I also ordered two complete speaker systems (Polk Audio) from this site. Seems we are having a similar problem. Little to no communication, excuses such as they are changing from UPS to FedEx for shipping, they are switching to a new server so have not been getting their email etc.
Then you will receive tracking information, but the tracking number will only show "billing information received". That typically happens when a shipping label is created, but the merchandise has not been shipped. Here's what I have, if it helps anyone. Alan Moses gives his phone number as 800-356-1078. Fax numbers are 860-760-6538 (Gary Boyea) and 215-207-9775 (Alan Moses).
It's a shame. They have good prices but their service is so poor it leaves you feeling that you have been ripped off. On the positive side, it appears that everyone "eventually" gets what they ordered... at least I hope so. I haven't even received tracking information yet, and I ordered from them on Dec 18. My suggestion.... find a local supplier.

HighDecibels.com - Disaster...Run away...

I just dealt with these guys... same experience as the other posts: terrible communication, huge delays, fake tracking information.

After three weeks of silence after I placed my order, I threatened to cancel. Then they magically sent me package tracking information and charged my credit card.

The tracking information points to a package that never moved. I inquired and waited. No explanation. When I threatened them again, they finally blamed Polk for sending them the wrong speaker. Again, terrible communication-- no ETA, no apology, no offer to refund their bogus charge to my credit card.

Finally, when I told them I disputed the charge with Visa (which I haven't done in 10 years), they flipped out and told me I (the customer) mishandled the whole situation. I placed the original order on Dec 26, 07. I finally threw up my hands yesterday (Feb 1, 08).

I've ordered over $80,000 of materials and equipment online in the last 3 months from more than 50 online merchants in over 70 transactions. I'm proud to say this is the one and only transaction I had a problem with.

I would advise folks to steer clear of these guys. I tried ordering from them because it saved me $5 over the next best price. My advice: spend the extra $5 and order from literally anyone else.

I had a positive experience with High Decibels

Hello,

I read this thread before purchasing from High Decibels. I ordered a Pair of the LSi9 Bookshelf Speakers in black finish. I received my product 2 days after I ordered and was given tracking information within 6 hours. I shared my thoughts of this thread with them beforehand and they explained to me around the Holidays alot of their inventory was being purchased from contractors and their system at the time couldn't handle the amount of business due to the holidays. This is my first purchase with them and based on my experience it will not be my last.

Just my .02 :thmbsp:

Mario Cortes

MCores - They must have just had what you need laying around. I think they make large group buys and keep the first comers on the hook as long as they can. Here is my last email to them. They have not respond to it but have for months now given delivery date after date with no real end in sight.

It’s been two months since I was promised to have all the speakers. I told you from the beginning that I wanted the complete order and asked if you had them in stock, you said that you could get them and you said many times that I’d have them before Christmas.

I have been upfront on my end, 100%. I placed the order after verifying everything with you guys. I had the money. Then after a month of waiting and having to initiate every request for information, someone charged my card in full and (a week later) made eight labels when they did not have all eight of the speakers to ship.

I’ve been told many different delivery dates for the original order and many for the missing items and not one has been correct.

This has been very stressful for me. I can’t set up the new speakers I do have and I can’t sell my old ones and I keep worrying that I’ll never get the rest. With all this trouble getting them in the first place what is it going to be like if one needs some kind of warranty work or replacement. You’ve taken the warranty cards out so I guess that means my only warranty is with High Decibels. I have to admit that I’ve got little confidence left.

My visa bill came already and I now have to send in the forms to dispute the charge. I’m sorry but I really don’t know what else to do. I’ve waited as long as I can. It’s not fair form me to pay for this order until it’s complete. This is a big amount of money for me. Would you sign on for this? Would you put your friends through something like this? All my time and your time and my worry for this order is just crazy.

I don’t know what is going on but to tell me that you deal in Infinity speakers but that when you place an order with your supplier you have absolutely no idea when they are going to deliver to you and that it may take months and months is just unimaginable. How can you do business? How can you keep customers?

Does anyone have any up to date contact information other than email? Seems their contact button on their site was re-programmed to take you back to the home page. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom