Wyred4Sound Sonos Upgrade/Reclocker vs. Upsampling DAC

snoocher

Here's my question - if my DAC upsamples incoming streams to 24bit/384khz and has jitter reduction also, will I benefit from upgrading the Sonos or buying a reclocker like Synchromesh?

I like the sound now, especially with Deezer.

Thanks.

I don't think I was clear - the Sonos currently outputs at normal 16/44.1 and into my DAC. The DAC upsamples to 24/384 before its analog conversion.

The upgraded Sonos would be 96kbps before hitting the DAC. I guess the question is if the DAC's upconversion would just be the same, regardless of the Sonos output.

People seem to like the Wyred4Sound upgrades, but it doesn't seem like I'd benefit in my situation.

My opinion is that, yes, you will benefit from the mod. I have 2 W4S modded Connects, and am very happy with the results. I have tried the Syncromesh as well, but found the W4S mod slightly superior, and of course it's a one-box solution as opposed to two (plus another cable). The issue is not the upsampling as much as the reclocking.

Thanks for the responses. I'll continue to research and maybe try out the W4S Remedy if reclocking is all I need...and to see if I feel there's really a difference. Then I'll decide if it's worth sending in the Connect.

Back
Top Bottom