x-over caps on infinity column 2's

Going by your drawing the woofer is a 1st order low pass and the tweeter a 1st order high pass. Very odd arrangement on the tweeter L-pad. I would have thunk they'd do it like they did the midrange.

attachment.php

Hi guys,got the Solen caps today

It seems Solens have a bad reputation of being harsh but I like them better than the Jantsens. IMO the Solens are just as clear but have a more linear response. I know many will laugh not believing that one cap can sound different than another of basically the same value but that has been my experience.

I like Solens on the bass and low mids - on treble they can get a bit harsh for my taste. I also like them very much in my tube preamp power supply, where they have completely replaced the electrolytics.

Check out the 200uF Solens in my RSIIb external crossovers (like a beer can)!

Attachments

• RSIIb Crossover 004.jpg
    RSIIb Crossover 004.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 24
woofer bad?

Well,i noticed while listening to the column 2's the other day that the front woofer on one of the speakers is either rubbing or blown after the reglue on the foam,also that same entire speaker sounds more subdued than the other speaker in mid and high frequencies, even the bass is a little less pronounced,could i have screwed something up while soldering the caps in? is the woofer most likely just out of alignment? i have unhooked the speakers and am going to take the bad one apart again.something is wrong that wasnt before i messed with them.
any suggestions?thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom