x_25's main system

x_25

Big Vandies!! Mwahahah...
First off.

New forum. :banana:

my main system as it stands right now.

My music for my squeezebox and the rest of the house is served up by an older Mac Mini G4 running iTunes.

Digital Source 1 - Squezzebox 2 or 3 (forget which version it is, before logitech bought them)

Digital 2 - Phillips DVD963SA

Tape - Yamaha KX-500U

Vinyl - Pioneer PL-518 with Shure M97xE

Phono Stage - Rotel RQ-970BX

Pre-amp - Technics SU-9070

Power amp - Phase Linear 300 Series II

Speakers - Vandersteen 2Ci

and some pictures (Note, the system changes regularly)

DSCF6998Large.jpg

DSCF6985Large.jpg

4925381222_f43bb8d358_b.jpg

I think there should be a JVC QL-50 in the mix there....:D

Just as soon as I can find a moment in my life to figure out what I did to it when I tried to put it together. :D

This weekend is going to be spent cleaning up trees that fell and took out our fence Sunday night into Monday morning. Hopefully I will be done with this cold I have had for the last week by then. One thing after the other. :thumbsdn:

Those Vandies look awfully familiar. :D:scratch2:

Probably the only beige pair in the North East. :smoke:

I should really start looking into a way to remove pen from fabric though. :D

Last edited:
do you find that fish tanks enhance your room sonically? i bought feline acoustic dampeners, but they are always running out of the room when the bass kicks in.

do you find that fish tanks enhance your room sonically? i bought feline acoustic dampeners, but they are always running out of the room when the bass kicks in.

I found there was actually an increase in the nose floor with fish tank so it has since been moved to another room. I find the problem with feline acoustic dampers it that they are extreamly hard to position corectly. They seem to be rather unstable and hard to keep in one spot. :D

Nice set up
:thmbsp:
Nice to see those Vandy's in their home environment after meeting you (and them) at the Frankfest. Did you get that bass driver fixed?

Nice set up
:thmbsp:
Nice to see those Vandy's in their home environment after meeting you (and them) at the Frankfest. Did you get that bass driver fixed?

Not yet. I was going to box it up and get it sent off over the weekend but I ended up with this nasty cold that of course knocked me out all weekend but was better enough to still go to work on Monday.

I will probably try to get it packed tonight if my new DAC doesn't show up for me to play with.

Back
Top Bottom