xp9b fishers speakers

skynyrd77

i just got a pair of fisher xp9b they are all original all the speakers cones and foam are dry rotted to hell. what is the best thing to do? are they worth fixing or should i use the cabinets and make a pair of speakers out of them? shoot me some ideas this is my first pair of fisher so i dont know much about them

Take some pictures of the cones/frames and post them. Usually the cones don't rot. Speaker foam kits are fairly inexpensive and easy enough a "SMART" Marine or a Caveman can fix them.

Wigwam. No slight intended. I was a Navy Corpsman. And my favorite people are Marines. Not Ex, Not Former. MARINES! Once a Marine, Always a Marine! "HEY JARHEAD" or "Hey, Grampa JARHEAD" were my favorite sayings as a SMALL kid ( <6yr old Navy Brat on Base Housing) until it got my Grandpa (GySgt) in warm water with some chair warming REMF Academy Ring Knocking Major. The Col. took care of the Major! He and Gramps were on the Canal together in 1st MAW. Then it was "only an at home term for Grandpa"! Sadly Grampa Jarhead died about a year later. I can't run due to lousy knees, and the Corps wouldn't take me so I went Navy and HM ! Next best thing!

SEMPER FI!

Larry

Wigwam. No slight intended. I was a Navy Corpsman. And my favorite people are Marines. Not Ex, Not Former. MARINES! Once a Marine, Always a Marine! "HEY JARHEAD" or "Hey, Grampa JARHEAD" were my favorite sayings as a SMALL kid ( <6yr old Navy Brat on Base Housing) until it got my Grandpa (GySgt) in warm water with some chair warming REMF Academy Ring Knocking Major. The Col. took care of the Major! He and Gramps were on the Canal together in 1st MAW. Then it was "only an at home term for Grandpa"! Sadly Grampa Jarhead died about a year later. I can't run due to lousy knees, and the Corps wouldn't take me so I went Navy and HM ! Next best thing!

SEMPER FI!

Larry

Don't worry, Doc, I didn't take it the wrong way. Remember, you can always tell a Marine. Just can't tell him much.

How do the old fishers sound what type of music flows the best on these?

I have XP7 speakers. I find that they sound like a lot of Fisher speakers of that era. Tight bass, but not emphasized. Good midrange. Rolled-off treble. Not rock-and-roll speakers.

i have a pioneer 1250 and a 939 to use.im gonna pull all the speakers and post some pics and im sure u guys will lead me in right direction

Back
Top Bottom