XR Q7 Hinge Replacement

Hello everyone

Last month I pick up an XR Q7 with dustcover for parts, and have replaced the tonearm belt to great effect. The only thing I'm missing now are the dustcover hinges, and am now trying to find alternative options due to their scarcity.

Does anyone know of any other model hinge that may work?

Additionally, for any of you who do have a pair, if you could take some pictures for me from.all they different angles, I've been considering manufacturing my own pair by trial and error. Pictures of the hinge would be very helpful if I go this route.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hello everyone

Last month I pick up an XR Q7 with dustcover for parts, and have replaced the tonearm belt to great effect. The only thing I'm missing now are the dustcover hinges, and am now trying to find alternative options due to their scarcity.

Does anyone know of any other model hinge that may work?

Additionally, for any of you who do have a pair, if you could take some pictures for me from.all they different angles, I've been considering manufacturing my own pair by trial and error. Pictures of the hinge would be very helpful if I go this route.

Any advice is appreciated.

Here is a link to a picture of the hings - sold out though. :eek:
http://www.sansui-parts-shop.com/index.php?page=details&prod=1586&cat=248&group=56

Thanks for the link, although I've seen this page already. Most of the only places you can get one now seem to be on a unit that already has one. That's why I'd hoped, that if I could find someone who does have a pair, I'd get them to take pictures of any of the other angles.

I'm just trying to compile as many pictures of it that I can, though I can't find much more than for sale listings, the XR Q7 manual, and the parts shop listing. Luckily I do have the mount on my table, as well as the dustcover, so I'll likely be Jerry rigging something.

Thanks for the link, although I've seen this page already. Most of the only places you can get one now seem to be on a unit that already has one. That's why I'd hoped, that if I could find someone who does have a pair, I'd get them to take pictures of any of the other angles.

I'm just trying to compile as many pictures of it that I can, though I can't find much more than for sale listings, the XR Q7 manual, and the parts shop listing. Luckily I do have the mount on my table, as well as the dustcover, so I'll likely be Jerry rigging something.

Best of luck! :music:

If you see another parts unit, give a post back.

Thank you, the one I picked up was the last one auctioned over at eBay. As for the others I've seen, there are a lot that go sold for less than $100 on Yahoo Japan's auctions. Those are only worth it if you can pay expensive shipping or wait months for it though. I even so one there with the s-shaped tonearm!

Thank you, the one I picked up was the last one auctioned over at eBay. As for the others I've seen, there are a lot that go sold for less than $100 on Yahoo Japan's auctions. Those are only worth it if you can pay expensive shipping or wait months for it though. I even so one there with the s-shaped tonearm!

Go for the S tone arm and counter weight if you see them in the Japan auction site again. :thumbsup:

Have fun hunting.

Also look for Sansui XP-99 parts , hinges are identical.
I know it for a fact cause I have both TTs.

Awesome, I didn't know that hinges would be the same for both. That should help to make the search slightly easier, albeit with a couple more search keywords for Google.

Back
Top Bottom