Yabadabado - It's the New England Summer Jam FrankenFest - Saturday June 25th in Clinton, MA

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Let's start with this - everything in these two pictures needed work - and was only $5 each!

Why can't this be done in Milwaukee/Chicago area???????????????????????????????????????

Well, I thought that even with our space restrictions versus what we're used to the event went very well. A bunch of gear (and dollars) changed hands, folks got to demo different gear and most importantly we got to hang out with similarly addicted individuals.

Thanks all for attending -

Our next event is Saturday October 22nd.

I didn't make it out there today. My son and his family are selling one house and buying another so Dad got the call for work on the old place today. Plus nobody had expressed any interest in the stuff I posted (sniff).

But most of all, I wanted to see another guy who couldn't get to Clinton, our friend AudioDon. So I did.

Don's ALS is steadily advancing so he couldn't make it to today's event as much as he wanted to be there. He told me he had gone to every one since 2009. He was very sorry to not be able to see his AK friends. Play some good music and raise a toast to our friend Don. He is a wonderful guy.

Until the next one... -Dan

I didn't make it either wished I could but no ride.
Heres to you Don :beerchug:. hope to see you at the next one in October.

Hats off to Don, we missed your great spirit and wealth of knowledge- and equally so we salute Dan, for being supportive of Don.

While we all enjoy the music and the gear the real joy of the events is to hang out with our AK family members.

That was fun! :thumbsup: Thanks as usual to Frank for putting up with us, and everyone who either showed up or tried to. Bought a few useful items, got one that hopefully will prove useful, and chatted with the usual great folks. Can't wait for the next one, especially since it doesn't coincide with any of the local swapmeets, so I should be there with bells on! :music:
-Adam

In the first pic W1Jim put up showing 3 disc players, the top one was the Pioneer elite a member bought off me. He must have forgotten it when he packed up his car. I don't remember what his name was, but he had brought his wife. He had purchased the DV-45a to replace his cd player with weak laser. Hopefully he doesn't live too far from Clinton.

Nice time seeing folks I knew and meeting new folks. Thanks Frank for your hospitality. Looking forward to October.

YIKES!! $5.00 for those units who would do such a thing:) Looks like you guys had a great time and hopefully I'll be able make the Octoberfest having missed this sweatfest.

Another great day with great people and lots of cool junk lying round for the taking.

Those M&Ks were indeed very impressive As were the AR LST-2. Always a great experience.

Last edited:
A few more pics.

Franks Altec Project, driven by this 2 watt amp. sounded amazing.

Jim's Sansui amp shootout.

My LST-2's.

This system and speakers sounded incredible.

Thanks so much for the pics, Jim and Glenn, and others. Wish I could've attended, but other circumstances intervened. Looking forward to October gathering - - - it's always my favorite since it's so great to be on backroads in New England at that time. Sorry to have missed Glenn's LST-2's and Jim's Sansuis, and Frank's shop is always full of interesting experiments.

In the first pic W1Jim put up showing 3 disc players, the top one was the Pioneer elite a member bought off me. He must have forgotten it when he packed up his car. I don't remember what his name was, but he had brought his wife. He had purchased the DV-45a to replace his cd player with weak laser. Hopefully he doesn't live too far from Clinton.
That was me and thanks for the reminder! I live one mile from Frank's shop. If you could, let me know how I can pick that up.

During our hasty exit, I also left behind my box of extension cords. One green, one orange. They are in a white box that says SwimOutlet.com and were on the table that once said "free stuff". If anyone found them, I would appreciate getting them back as they are my only two good cords. There is also a small 250ml rectangular bottle in it that earlier had held a bit of tequila. Folks can get ahold of me by responding to: spikedart@gmail.com. Thanks to everyone who put this together and I had a great time talking with friends new and old!

Thanks so much for the pics, Jim and Glenn, and others. Wish I could've attended, but other circumstances intervened. Looking forward to October gathering - - - it's always my favorite since it's so great to be on backroads in New England at that time. Sorry to have missed Glenn's LST-2's and Jim's Sansuis, and Frank's shop is always full of interesting experiments.
I was hoping you could have attended to hear the AR's. Hopefully we'll catch up in October. A fun time had by all.

Spikey,
The cables are there too - just swing by.
Frank's got your stuff.

Let's start with this - someone left behind 3 CDPs and some power cords.
They were in the corner by where Baco99 was set up and said "not for sale - demo" on them.
Frank has them.

View attachment 752817
I am such a goof. All that stuff I left behind. I will talk with Frank tomorrow...What the hell was I drinking? I think it was the frozen rum did it.

Back
Top Bottom