Yahama CR-420 and Coke Disaster - Please Help

Don't blame the cat, he/she was just being a cat and was not trying to be an asshole. The real asshole is the idiot that put an open can of coke on a running receiver. Cleanup should be fairly easy but maybe a little time consuming, you got lucky!

With this cat, I'm not so sure haha he's nothing but trouble. But yeah, its not really worth getting upset over it, what's done is DONE.

I get the CRC at TruValue. I think it's at Ace Hardware also if you have any of those stores in your area. It's a red can IIRC
I'll check some of the hardware stores we have up here, one is bound to have it. I did clean up what I could with q-tips and 99% iso alcohol though, just didn't want that coke sitting longer than it needs to. I didn't touch the tuning gang thing though, as I will make sure to use the contact cleaner for that. Don't want to leave residue on that. But I am nearly certain that nothing got into the gangs, but I should give it a spray over anyways, as its dusty. Kind of debating just leaving it but, I'm not sure. I don't wanna mess up my tuning section. Anyhow, right now i'm airing it out with the cover off and just need to do some cleaning on the wood and everything should be good to go.

Plugged it in and it took some courage but I hit the power switch and everything came up fine. Hooked it back up and everything sounds perfectly fine. Got really lucky this time.

Don't blame the cat, he/she was just being a cat and was not trying to be an asshole. The real asshole is the idiot that put an open can of coke on a running receiver. Cleanup should be fairly easy but maybe a little time consuming, you got lucky!

WHO'S PUTTING THEY KOOLS OUT ON MY RUG? ITS A PERSIAN RUG..................FROM PERSIA!

Good to hear it still works. How did you clean it up?
just used some 99% iso and q-tips. Didn't touch the tuning gang as it looks like nothing got into it. Will pick up some non-residue contact cleaner in a bit as it was a bit dusty. All works fine like before.

Back
Top Bottom