Yahoo & Oath- anybody leaving?

ConradH

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Yahoo is now owned by Oath and recently updated their privacy policy. There are various good groups there like LTSpice, Genrad, FM Tuners, Logan lathes and a dozen others I used periodically. The platform is (IMHO) pretty lousy compared to any modern site (like this one), but having free groups was a nice feature. I know they have to pay the bills, but their usage policy left me cold, so I bailed. Curious if anybody else uses them, and if you have plans to stay or leave?

I'm hanging on - for now anyway but anything 'e-serious' is directed to my gmail account and has been for quite some time.
Also felt the same way about their usage policy. Kind of stunk like AOL to me.

I'm hanging on - for now anyway but anything 'e-serious' is directed to my gmail account and has been for quite some time.
Also felt the same way about their usage policy. Kind of stunk like AOL to me.
That's where I'm at. I get some stuff still at my Yahoo addy, but most stuff now goes to my Gmail account that is of any importance. Yahoo has a bad habit of not being able to sort out spam and non-spam. I had applied for a job at the tail end of last year and had given my email address as the Yahoo one. Searching through my spam folder in mid-February, I found an email wanting me to contact them about the job ASAP. I called and emailed both only to find the position was filled. I grant you that they should have probably called in addition to emailing, but it really me made aggravated.

I was in several Yahoo groups, wearied of visiting them and became inactive as did the accounts. Never went back to revive them. I still on one user group that predates the modern internet and one another interest group besides AK/PC. That's about as complicated as I'm willing to manage, aside from my two email accounts.

Flickr was sold last week to Smug Mug, so my account "involuntarily" left Yahoo. Otherwise, still with Yahoo! for my e-mail.

Back
Top Bottom