Yam AS -1000 vs AS 701 ? Opinions please.

Brad6260

Looking to upgrade from my terrific CR 820 and have been eying a minty A-S1000.
In looking at the current lineup the AS 701 appears to offer about the same unit power.

Curious to hear from those smarter than I how the two compare? Pro's and Cons ?

Use is 75% vinyl, 25 digital, medium room size and currently have KEF q90 speakers.

Thanks much.

Last edited:
A-S1000, higher end components; if similar dollar amount then it seems to be a slam dunk. From what I have read the A-S1000 has a very nice phono stage as well.

Looking to upgrade from my terrific CR 820 and have been eying a minty A-S1000.
In looking at the current lineup the AS 701 appears to offer about the same unit power.

Curious to hear from those smarter than I how the two compare? Pro's and Cons ?

Use is 75% vinyl, 25 digital, medium room size and currently have KEF q90 speakers.

Thanks much.

I agree with SuperLead100, if it were me l would go with the A-S1000 for sure even though they have been out for quite a few years now. It is a better built, higher quality unit.
The A-S701 does have an onboard DAC and USB connection but if you need these features just run an external DAC with the A-S1000.

Please ignore Yamaha's pathetic attempt at providing technical information on these amplifiers, according to their own "specs" the top 4 or 5 amps in their lineup all "appear" to be very similar when in reality this is quite untrue. I would imagine your speakers will really open up with the 1000. All the best with your quest.

Back
Top Bottom