Yamaha 90's stuff, worth It?

You'll all be happy to know I bought it. It all works well except the amp, which is ok because he just gave me another one which is better than the one I was buying in the first place. So went pretty well.
Now just need some decent speakers and somewhere to put the thing.
Yeah that other amp is better. Good deal :thumbsup:

What's wrong with the original one?

So dont spray anything into just Alps volume pots, or Alps pots in general? Thanks!
I don't know but in this particular instance it ruined the Pot and it was a Alps film type. I took it apart and the film coating did not look good. Maybe someone else can share any experiece they may have had.

The guys in our shop loved Yamaha. It made their checks that much larger. Marantz, Sony, Kyrocerra, Tandberg, Sansui, Denon, Nad , Pioneer, all were more dependable than Yamaha. We saw a lot of Onkyo, Kenwood, Akai and a high percentage of B&K, too. Yamahas Cassette machines, CD players were particularly fragile. Technics held together rather well. Even problem prone B&O held together better than Yamaha. Yamaha amps. pre-amps, receivers and AV processors were very susceptible to over heating issues. Where other makers units mounted the same way would be trouble free or last longer it seemed to me. We stopped selling for Yamaha for a period because of repair issues. I guess of the oriental lines we sold Nakamichi was the most dependable. Our AC line voltage is on the high side, 122 to 126 volts and I don't know if that was the problem.

Last edited:
I have a Yamaha AX 380, the headphone jack isn't working. Anyone know why there was a different circuit diagram for the W German version? Am wondering if it has anything to do with the caps and resisters that appear as optional extras (W only) on the service manual? Unfortunately the parts are not listed on the Parts List R184, C154, C153, C152,

Attachments

• ax.png
    ax.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 6
The only thing I have to add is that the Yamaha stuff I have, including some used 90s components, have seemed like some of the most durable and reliable gear of that category I've ever seen. Congrats on the purchase. I doubt there will be much or anything about this gear that will let you down anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom