Yamaha A-1 Owners, want new hinges.....maybe?

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by Nashou66, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nashou66

Nashou66 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi all you A-1 lovers. How many of you have broken hinges and or missing doors?

I have a couple here like this. I was thinking of having some one make these. I have
    a 3D printing large local manufacture looking into costs ( tooling and reverse engineering being a large investment) for me now.

And Also I have the same info given to a Local Injection Molding manufacture .

So How many would like to have a set of these hinges. I dont think they'll be cheap but
    I think it be nice to for these great integrated amps which are an important part of Yamaha history
    to look as good as they sound with their doors back where they belong.

I know some have also lost the doors. This will be another project at a later time if this hinge project ever gets past the "Quote" stage.

Athanasios

2. mgkfifty

mgkfifty Active Member

I wonder if the R8,R9 receivers use the same hinge? I could use some.

3. Nashou66

Here are some pics.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. EndHemd

EndHemd New Member

Hi Athanasios, I am looking for Yamaha A-1 replacement hinges since a long time and just found your thread. I could use one or two pairs of these.
    Did you already find enough A-1 owners who are interested ?
    Greetings from Germany, Thomas

5. Nashou66

Not yet, I got side tracked on this project but hopefully I can get more interest and re visit it soon.

Life gets in the way ;)

Athanasios

6. verde57

verde57 Check the 'Reset' box if

I made mine from scratch, at your local hardware store you should be able to find PVC profile "L" in black.
    The cool thing is that it has the exact height required you only have to trim at one end lenth wise and the shade of the black matches almost the face of the amp.
    As for the hinges you will have to use your imagination, and screw them on the small side of the door as the original was.
    http://www.hornbach.ch/shop/Winkelp...ungleichschenklig-schwarz/738205/artikel.html

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Mr. Yamaha likes this.
  7. vapersdelay

vapersdelay New Member

Hey, I just found this thread and I think the 3-D printing idea has merit. Put me down for a couple of hinges for a Yamaha RX-900U sleeper I just picked up dirt cheap.

8. Oilmaster

Oilmaster Ozzy Subscriber

Count me in for a few units, so I will catch those units when they fly by !
    Hmm....hoarder behaviour?