Yamaha A-700 relays

belgianbrain

I'm going to replace the relays while I do the recap.

The service manual only says DC24V Jc2a and DC24V ja2a for the two relays.

But digikey literally has thousands of relays.

Can anyone help me narrow this down? What's the proper title for these things?

You need to figure out their orientation. Whether they're 2pin-4pin, or 3pin-3pin.

What's wrong with your relays?

You need to figure out their orientation. Whether they're 2pin-4pin, or 3pin-3pin.

What's wrong with your relays?

Channels are sometimes slow to come on at low volumes and occasionally require a volume crank to get them to click in. I figure replacing them is the easiest way to go.

What types of relays are these typically? There's hundreds of categories and labels on digikey.

Need a photograph Amigo. And some idea of the footprint required. Your right there are thousands of relays..But probably only one that will work for you..Just quoting a part number won't cut it..Is there a part number printed on the relay itself ?

Channels are sometimes slow to come on at low volumes and occasionally require a volume crank to get them to click in. I figure replacing them is the easiest way to go.

What types of relays are these typically? There's hundreds of categories and labels on digikey.

Doesn't sound like relays to me. Time to clean volume/balance/tone controls and source switches?

Or maybe just the Relay Circuit needs attention. I don't know whether it's timed or part of the protection system.

Hmmm....it's source independent, and all switches/knobs have been recently cleaned.

It only does it occasionally when first turned on and used at very low volumes.

Back
Top Bottom