Yamaha A-750a Please Help Me! Idling current adjustment Or SM

Ho Duc Vu

Hi Everybody!
( Sorry my English)
I have old Amp Yamaha A-750a. I can not find service manual this model. Please help, I want do Idling current adjustment for my amp. I used Idling curent value of A-1020. Please everybody know It, tell me, or download service manual A-750a?
One again sorry my English!

The A-750a is the A-720 for Japanese market (and some other asian markets)
The A-750 is the A-700, in the same way.

So for your amp you would use the values from the A-720.
5mV per channel in Class AB, and it should jump to ~60mV when the Class A switch is engaged.

Enjoy, and your English is good!

Attachments

• 720.png
    720.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 17
Hello

Please help, I want do Idling current adjustment for my amp.

can you explain why ? Did you refixed it ? Idling curent adjustment is necessary only if you have replaced components . Did you ?

If not , idle curent adjustment do not "upgrade" the sound of your amp !

The A-750a is the A-720 for Japanese market (and some other asian markets)
The A-750 is the A-700, in the same way.

So for your amp you would use the values from the A-720.
5mV per channel in Class AB, and it should jump to ~60mV when the Class A switch is engaged.

Enjoy, and your English is good!

zaibatshu Thank your information somuch! And thanks fo your praise! Look Like, but i A-750a some difference a-720. ( Power B+/B- and second power +-18V).
If compared A-720-a750a-a1020, in my opinion it looks like a-1020! zaibatshu think right? Kindly analyze further, please!

Thanks you clinic-audio! Becausae I have it when it has been adusted. My friend say someone adjust for it not hot. I think it work on class A. Not can not hot! I want adjust idling current same as Yamaha made it 1985! Please help me!

Hello

Please help, I want do Idling current adjustment for my amp.

can you explain why ? Did you refixed it ? Idling curent adjustment is necessary only if you have replaced components . Did you ?

If not , idle curent adjustment do not "upgrade" the sound of your amp !
Thanks you clinic-audio! Becausae I have it when it has been adusted. My friend say someone adjust for it not hot. I think it work on class A. Not can not hot! I want adjust idling current same as Yamaha made it 1985! Please help me!

zaibatshu Thank your information somuch! And thanks fo your praise! Look Like, but i A-750a some difference a-720. ( Power B+/B- and second power +-18V).
If compared A-720-a750a-a1020, in my opinion it looks like a-1020! zaibatshu think right? Kindly analyze further, please!

No, I don't think so.
You can compare pictures here if you like: (or post a picture of your amp)
http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0101/E/3850-50/C12-67372-46215-00/

You can see the 750a and 720 have the knobs exposed (1020 hides them behind a flap) and internally the 1020 has 4x large filtering capacitors while the 720 (and the 750a) both have 2x.

Anyway, you can just check the bias values at the measuring points (without making adjustments) if you wish. If you are worried, take the measurement and post the value here before making changes.

With amp on, but no signal / volume:
The amp should not be hot if the "Class A Turbo" switch is OFF
The amp should generate heat when switch is ON

5mV is a very safe and low value (remember to set this with the turbo switch OFF) so there is no harm in setting to this value regardless. Just make sure you measure at the correct test points and be careful not to slip with the meter leads as if you touch anything else you could destroy the amp.

Even if it was the 1020 (which I believe it is NOT), the setting for that amp is 8mV which is very close anyway - so basically - it is virtually insignificant. Finally, keep in mind that the rail voltages in Yamaha service manuals are often incorrect (i.e. they may not be correct for the A-720 either), so I wouldn't use that to judge anything.
Good luck.

Last edited:
No, I don't think so.
You can compare pictures here if you like: (or post a picture of your amp)
http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0101/E/3850-50/C12-67372-46215-00/

You can see the 750a and 720 have the knobs exposed (1020 hides them behind a flap) and internally the 1020 has 4x large filtering capacitors while the 720 (and the 750a) both have 2x.

Anyway, you can just check the bias values at the measuring points (without making adjustments) if you wish. If you are worried, take the measurement and post the value here before making changes.

With amp on, but no signal / volume:
The amp should not be hot if the "Class A Turbo" switch is OFF
The amp should generate heat when switch is ON

5mV is a very safe and low value (remember to set this with the turbo switch OFF) so there is no harm in setting to this value regardless. Just make sure you measure at the correct test points and be careful not to slip with the meter leads as if you touch anything else you could destroy the amp.

Even if it was the 1020 (which I believe it is NOT), the setting for that amp is 8mV which is very close anyway - so basically - it is virtually insignificant. Finally, keep in mind that the rail voltages in Yamaha service manuals are often incorrect (i.e. they may not be correct for the A-720 either), so I wouldn't use that to judge anything.
Good luck.
Thank You so much! Ok, I chose your suggest, 5mV +-/1. Step by Step as SM. I am can! I've been tried 5mV, 8mV. And I Noted: Yamaha service manuals are often incorrect

Hi Everybody!
My amp A-750a adjusted as A-720. SM manual A-720 Idling current adjustment 5mv. Ok.
Please more question for this Amp.
Relay click off sound when hight volume ( pass 12h), and click working again at low volume.
My speedkers Yamaha Ns-690ii. On other speekers, same.
Problem before creat topic need for help Idling current. .
Why relay shutoff sound. Protection circuit on when DC output? Or other reason?
DC output on L: 2.1mv; R: 2.4mv ( no load, no input, all treble bass on mid, Loudness= flat, volume min). That good?
Please help me. Please guide check? How to fix? Or no need.
Thanks Alls!

Back
Top Bottom