Yamaha A-S801 and DSD streaming

Ramjet1804

I downloaded Alan Parsons Project-Turn of a Friendly Card in DSD 2.8 and can't seem to get and sound. Using Foobar2000 and following the instructions from the Yamaha site I see the indicator moving when I hit play burt no sound out of the 801. I have other albums in high res (not DSD) that will play just fine using Foobar. In preferences the output is set to ASIO and 64 bit is checked. I have tried every conceivable setting and still nothing from the amp.
Is anyone else listening to DSD through the 801 using Foobar? Any ideas? Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated!

I downloaded Alan Parsons Project-Turn of a Friendly Card in DSD 2.8 and can't seem to get and sound. Using Foobar2000 and following the instructions from the Yamaha site I see the indicator moving when I hit play burt no sound out of the 801. I have other albums in high res (not DSD) that will play just fine using Foobar. In preferences the output is set to ASIO and 64 bit is checked. I have tried every conceivable setting and still nothing from the amp.
Is anyone else listening to DSD through the 801 using Foobar? Any ideas? Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated!
I downloaded "Tune Browser" from the Windows Store and it works. Just went in and set the Yamaha Steinberg Driver to 2.8MHZ. Must be something in the settings in Foobar 2000 I haven't found yet.Sounds pretty good but can't turn it up very much right now. I'll know more when I can turn it up to a volume where I can compare it to the turntable. My suspicions are that it will sound no better than the turntable. It is an easier way to copy something to a jump drive to use in your vehicle though.

Back
Top Bottom