Yamaha A760's specifications

confa

Hi:yes:

I'm using an Yamaha A760 (1981), and I like it very much more than Primare i21(2006)...

I wish know the techiniques specifications:

THD:?
IM distortion:?
Signal/noise ratio(line input):?
frequency response(line input):?

Who can help me?

Thanks and all the best to you:D

Yamaha A760 specs

THD: 0.01%
IM distortion: (60/7000 Hz) 8 Ohm rated output 0.002%
Signal/noise ratio(line input): 103dB (aux) , 98dB Phono MM (10mV) , 76dB Phono MC (500µV)
frequency response(line input): 8 Ohm rated output 10-50,000Hz

Nice Intregrated amp, except for the bulbs in the lighted buttons.

Thanks!!
I imagined excellent specs: the sound is trasparency and clean.
I share you opinion: the lights....bleah! But with closed eyes....

Hallo and all the best!

Hey folks - I just resurrected my A760 from 20 years of storage. The unit still sounds great but those wonderful square buttons don't light up anymore. Any idea if there are replacement bulbs available?

I *think* those stupid bulbs are just 12v 60ma ones in series.... but at the rate they "don't" last, maybe they're supposed to be 14volt.

Thanks - I'm going to bring the amp in and give it a good cleaning/tune up. Hopefully they can replace the bulbs. I'm planning on setting up a turntable again for the first time in about 100 years & using this amp as the centerpiece for my "retro system"

Martin.Ca said:
I *think* those stupid bulbs are just 12v 60ma ones in series.... but at the rate they "don't" last, maybe they're supposed to be 14volt.
They are 14.5V 80mA bulbs. I have replaced one of mine with a white LED with a series resistor and a diode (20mA result), plus another 2W resistor in parallel to get the 80mA.

(edit)
Here is the relevant part of the schematics:
Yamaha_A760_schematic_detail_lamps.jpg

Last edited:
nkrisher@hot said:
Thanks - I'm going to bring the amp in and give it a good cleaning/tune up. Hopefully they can replace the bulbs. I'm planning on setting up a turntable again for the first time in about 100 years & using this amp as the centerpiece for my "retro system"
It's a nice amp. You can check my webpage about it here:
http://gigapod.free.fr/Yamaha_A760.html

Some parts are unobtanium, so it's a fragile piece.

Gigapod said:
They are 14.5V 80mA bulbs. I have replaced one of mine with a white LED with a series resistor and a diode (20mA result), plus another 2W resistor in parallel to get the 80mA.

Thank you. On my "to (re)do" list....

Gigapod said:
It's a nice amp. You can check my webpage about it here:
http://gigapod.free.fr/Yamaha_A760.html

Some parts are unobtanium, so it's a fragile piece.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I found this forum. What are the chances that a competent repair tech that deals in older components can repair the lamps in my unit as you describe? Being non-savvy technically makes it hard for me to decipher what is a simple vs. complex process :)

I got this A760 amp new from a shop somewhere in NY state through a connection a best friend of mine had - my buddy was a true genius with electronics and has since passed away. I want to restore this piece as best as possible becasue it reminds me of him. I remember the shop said it had a "Carver" power supply.

Anyhow, I've got some other pieces from "back in the day" that I want to bring out of mothballs as well:

• Kenwood KD2055 belt drive turntable (w/ the "Concrete" base & charming cigarette burn in dustcover from college keg party)
  • Kenwoood KD5100 direct drive table
  • Luxman LV113 integrated
  • Luxman D113-D CD player

Gigapod said:

(edit)
Here is the relevant part of the schematics:
Yamaha_A760_schematic_detail_lamps.jpg

Please, I would appreciate greater detail in how you setup the LED. Such as what value resistor(s)? Thanks.

The originals are T1.25 pigtailed?

I added the LED circuit to the webpage.
The usual disclaimer follows:
This information is provided "as-is", without any guarantees.
:para: :para:
Only try this mod if you are an experienced electronics hobbyist and can correctly interpret the LED circuit schematic and the original Yamaha A-760 schematics. :yikes:
If you don't feel comfortable with a soldering iron, I recommend you take your Yamaha unit to an experienced technician and have him do the work for you. :yes:

The 1N4004 is in case the LED fails and shorts "closed"?

Thanks

edit: Nevermind, just figured out it's because the LEDs have a relatively small reverse breakdown voltage.

Holy thread resurrection!
FYI - I turned on the A760 the other day and the glorious yellow and green buttons, previously dark, have returned to full fuctioning splendor!
Go figure. - I'm pleased - wonder how it happened & how long it might last??

:scratch2:

how the LED mod?

I am the original owner of the T-760 and A-760 since 1981.The T-760 blew the lamps six times since I own it. The RIFA .47uf X blew once.

I am interest with the LED mod bu Gigapod. I have couple of questions on the LED mod for those who had done it.

How is the LED circuit holding up after couple years?

Could the same LED mod used on the "Main" lamp bulb replacement as well??

BTW, has anyone use the A-960 10V 1w zener diode mod as per Yamaha Canada bulletin on a A-760 unit? if so, where would the zener and 22 ohm attached to in the A-760 control board. The drawing only pin location rather than the on a circuit.

BTW..I recall there is a bulletin on the A-760 that the 47 uf/25v cap for the DISC lamp been changed to 100uF/25v ..can some one confirm it? I had one cap blew as well previously

If the lamps are being run on AC, why is electrolytic be used?? It will blow the caps eventually.

Has anyone update the OP AMP to OPA2134AP ..is it s straight replacement?? Will I need to recalibrate the unit after replacement??

Any help on this is appreciated ?

I did it

Anyway..I did it with the "Main Direct" bulb for the A760

I could not find the 3w 270 ohm.so I used the a 2watt. I used a 3.5V 20mA 5mm Warm White LED.

For those who wants to use the LED replacement in the future. While facing the A760 Amp from front, "left" side of the lamp wire connection ( or the metal jumper wire) is the positive or high side.

works good so far.

My "DISC" bulb is still original from 1981. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom