Yamaha As 801 Major Problem

spdracer

Bought a vintage nad tuner to be used in my garage system, hooked it up to the Yamaha to try it out, hooked everything up and powered on the tuner before turning on the yamaha and heard a loud pop. Disconnected the tuner and fired up the Yamaha and there is a definite hum in all modes and very low volume and loads of static when turning the volume switch. As you can imagine I am sick to my stomach, the yamaha is about a year old. Any idea how bad this damage could be?

Was it a pop through the speakers or inside the amp? It's possible the tuner is outputting DC and you heard a cap dying.
If the noise was from in the amp then first thing would be to unplug it and pull the cover to inspect for visible damage.

Was it a pop through the speakers or inside the amp? It's possible the tuner is outputting DC and you heard a cap dying.
If the noise was from in the amp then first thing would be to unplug it and pull the cover to inspect for visible damage.

Uncovered the amp and to the untrained eye cannot see any damage. Could not tell where the pop came from, hooked the speakers to another amp and they are fine.

Back
Top Bottom