Yamaha B-1/UC-1 & C1 Recap

I assume those are the ones on the tiny input cca under the back panel. 2.2uf NP's

I think he means these ... but yes, there's 2 nasty little 2.2uF on the input board that can be replaced with some films that fit nice. :thmbsp:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yes !

This is the cap I was talking about !

Can't you see the very nice "capacitors kit" behind in the deep of the picture ? Very nice job Nick !
:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Very nice job Nick !
:thmbsp:

Thank you Patrice. It's not 100% perfect but it sure made switching out those nasty dual caps easy. There's still not enough interest in it out there for me to place another order with the board house though.

Thank you Patrice. It's not 100% perfect but it sure made switching out those nasty dual caps easy. There's still not enough interest in it out there for me to place another order with the board house though.

ahg... hopefully enough people speak up soon! I need one for sure!!!

Perhaps Patrice could use a few for his projects... ;)

Dave?? Anybody else???

I think he means these ... but yes, there's 2 nasty little 2.2uF on the input board that can be replaced with some films that fit nice. :thmbsp:

attachment.php

Reread the post .Yep that's what Patrice was referring to. But there are two small NP 2.2µf caps on the input board (the board that the RCA jacks are soldered to.) that also need to be replaced before you can claim a "total" recap.

Attachments

• DSC03892.JPG
    DSC03892.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Those slide switches look FU..

Yup, and the jacks too; all have been replaced with a donor board. :thmbsp:

There's still 1 original electrolytic left in mine though. Its value is somewhat important and the 1 that's there measures spot on so I left it alone for now until I find a good alt.

Those slide switches are a constant source of trouble on amps like CA-1000s too. Constant cleaning and exercising.

ahg... hopefully enough people speak up soon! I need one for sure!!!

Perhaps Patrice could use a few for his projects... ;)

Dave?? Anybody else???

Yep would like to have one myself otherwise i would have to fire up my cnc dor making the pcb for this job

Yep would like to have one myself otherwise i would have to fire up my cnc dor making the pcb for this job

With you that makes 3 interested in my board.

Anyone else? It's really quite nice and your B-1 will thank you for it with many more years of solid V-Fet sonic magic especially if you've already had the rest of it recapped and tweaked up. :yes: :D

Last edited:
I will strongly recommend to do this upgrade to any owner's of YAMAHA B1 !:thmbsp:

It will be too bad to waste 2SK77 knowing that they are no more available now as new ! :no:

and it is so bad to make from a B1 a boat anchor ! :no:

Yamaha NA067140 and NA067190

Hello Dave

I found from where you problem is :

Locate equalizer PCB (YAMAHA NA067140 ) replace TR 229and TR230 (they are 2SA763 , you can use 2SA1015 if you don't have 763 )

TR 208 was bas too ! ( 2SK78 !)

See location in red circle

Let me know the result !

PATRICE

Hi clinic-audio,
I have the NA067140 and NA067190 are bad. NA067140 one channel dead. NA067190 both channels dead. Could you give me the quote for fixing them ? i would like to send to you two boards. Thanks

any chance you have any extra B-1 heat sinks and outputs lying around that you would sell? I know its doubtful but gotta ask.I've been holding on to this B-1 minus heat sinks and outputs for quite a while.

any chance you have any extra B-1 heat sinks and outputs lying around that you would sell? I know its doubtful but gotta ask.I've been holding on to this B-1 minus heat sinks and outputs for quite a while.

Are you sure that the rest of the amp is OK? I'll state the obvious by saying that if the outputs are blown there's likely more things that need fixing first.

Back
Top Bottom