Yamaha B-2 restoration journey

Soon I plan to do a restoration of my B-2 . I'll start my own thread maybe . One thing I have not found is a high quality color copy of page 16 of the service manual. its missing on the HFE site and other places only have a faded copy.

Anyone here have an original copy of the manual they could take a photo of or already have a scan of that page. Its the page that has the input board drawing and schematic .

Thanks ,

Nashou

And with other folks walking other routes to the same destination, we'll learn and discover a whole lot more than walking one same path :rolleyes:
And Oilmaster, it will be so worth all the thorns in my feet as long as when I return to the well worn path you will say "we have learned so much from all your thorns" and not "well you should have stuck to the well worn path!" ;):rflmao:

@MiamiBoy Especially for you I just finished re-uploading all pictures in this thread. I hope you are very happy now and that you can sleep at night again :bigok:

Thank you Mr. Yamaha! And I did not realize what a sucky move Photobucket pulled when they changed their image hosting policy such that any image posted in a forum thread that was hosted on their site would no longer be displayed unless the owner purchased a higher premium service. I have since seen so many threads on many forums with nothing but the big black Photobucket error message. They could have at least grandfathered in any pictures already posted and made the policy effective for new posts going forward.

I would urge anyone with a Photobucket subscription to write them a nasty letter of complaint telling them you will cancel your subscription until they at least change their policy for photos already posted.

Thank you Mr. Yamaha! And I did not realize what a sucky move Photobucket pulled when they changed their image hosting policy such that any image posted in a forum thread that was hosted on their site would no longer be displayed unless the owner purchased a higher premium service. I have since seen so many threads on many forums with nothing but the big black Photobucket error message. They could have at least grandfathered in any pictures already posted and made the policy effective for new posts going forward.

I would urge anyone with a Photobucket subscription to write them a nasty letter of complaint telling them you will cancel your subscription until they at least change their policy for photos already posted.
Photobucket sucks, I will never use it again!

Photobucket sucks, I will never use it again!

I use Imgur to my full satisfaction https://i.imgur.com/Vgz9uYq.jpg;

Vgz9uYq.jpg

And combined with this program capturing and posting images is very easy; https://getsharex.com/

Wow, they also fit in a 1010? I may have a CA-2000 project soon, so they will fit in there as well I guess :naughty:

Looks great in the 1010!

Fun, I came to exactly the same caps for the B-2 I will be doing soon. They're in my CA-1010 already (and performing perfectly :))
I later thought: “how did I know they did look good in the 1010?” Ofcourse the cats on audiogear thread :D When I saw your pic, I wasn’t sure it were the same KG’s.

7249FC42-2ED3-40DD-9C63-A903CD867E62.jpeg

Yes, same KG's :)

The pcb needs a very slight adaptation; the lugs of the KG's are a little wider than those of the old Nippons. It would of course be possible to cut a little off of the lugs too, but that would diminish the contact surfarce, so I decided to adapt the board.

XdiOX5i.jpg

Here with one KG fitted;

xCox84C.jpg

Ah, and at the back side I scraped away a small amount of the green coating, to take care there was the same contact surface, all in all barely visible;

0WHDOOb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom