My first Yamaha preamplifier was a C-70 that I bought new in 1983. I purchased it along with an M-70 and a pair of NS2000 speakers. It was the first time I spent that much on a stereo system but it was very happy with the results. When I got into restoring and collecting audio equipment a few years back I acquired some other Yamaha preamps. As I got those restored I stopped using my C-70 for quite some time as it was starting to show its age. With some recent repair issues needed on my C-85 and C2a preamps I decided it was time I restore the old C-70. Although it always ran hot, it was a great performer. So here is the start of my C-70 restoration project. My plan was to replace the electrolytic capacitors, re-solder connections and replace the trimmers.